Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-24-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
audax
audax
audax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Convert without folders?

I have a folder containing several.lit files. I want to convert them to .mobi and have all of the .mobi files in the same folder as the .lit files.

Calibre puts all of it's conversions in a folder within another folder. I don't want to have to open two folders for every book and drag the .mobi file somewhere else. How do I achieve this?
audax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you use the GUI to do conversion, then you have to live with the file/folder structure that Calibre uses to store books in it's library, and there is no way to change that If using the GUI, then you are also expected to use that to export any files from the Calibre library so that the internal storage is then invisible to you.

If you use the Calibre command line tools to do the conversion, then you have explicit control over the placement of files.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
audax
audax
audax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks itimpi - I guess I'll live with it - it takes much longer to read a book than to convert it.
audax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
folders