Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #1
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Reading e-books may jeapordize your health

Teleread is linking to an amusing yet not-to-far-from-the-truth story how someone contemplates the potential dangers of reading e-books on a Tablet PC. Basically he is worried of having a 6.5 lbs PC fall on his nose while reading a good novel. Ouch!

I prefer to lay down on the sofa and use a light-weight PDA for reading e-books. Of course not everyone agrees here and may either not like the sofa (could hurt your back) or the small PDA screen (could damage your eyes). So I am curious... what is your personal technique for reading e-books without jeapordizing your health?
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
I typically read eBooks on my Palm TX while in boring meetings, at my desk, or standing in line somewhere.

With a paper book, the smallest unit of book that I want to read is 1 page + whatever is left of the current paragraph on the next page. With an eBook, the smallest unit is a paragraph. So wherever I can read a paragraph, I usually read an ebook.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2005, 08:28 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've got a reclining chair in my lounge room which is my favourite reading place in the house (and my favourite web browsing spot too, now my ad-hoc wifi network is up and running smoothly ). Having said that, I can (and do) read anywhere I have more than a couple of minutes spare time.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

I have a few e-readers, depending on what format the book I want to read is. I will use my librie to read converted .lit files in the daytime. At night I will read ebooks on my ebookwise or on my cybook. None of which is too dangerous on the noggin if dropped while laying down.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I think there's another danger for married people who drop an ebook reader. If you drop the device and it breaks, you'll probably go out and buy a replacement. That could cause you much worse than a knock on the head when your spouse other realizes how much money you spent!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM   #6
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Urk! Luckily I purchased the extra warranty with Dell that covers stuff like drops, scratches, etc. Makes me feel a whole lot better (as well as my better half!). Still, I think I'd rather drop my X50v on my head than the floor!

My old h1930 is well out of warranty now so if/when something happens to it, it becomes a paper weight.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote