Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2016, 07:23 AM   #736
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Woudn't it be easier (and better) to simply remove
and use the values of PLATFORM as they are exported by rcS?
OK, but for firmware 3.12 and newer.
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #737
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
OK, but for firmware 3.12 and newer.
You are right this does not work for older firmwares, unless you have KSM installed.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2017, 04:29 AM   #738
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
Anyone tried coolreader 2016-12-31 on the Kobo yet? I installed it (under KSM 8) on my H2O, but noticed that the front light doesn't work at all here. Went back to the previous version (2016-03).
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:21 AM   #739
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentobi View Post
Anyone tried coolreader 2016-12-31 on the Kobo yet? I installed it (under KSM 8) on my H2O, but noticed that the front light doesn't work at all here. Went back to the previous version (2016-03).
It works perfectly on my Aura HD
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:53 AM   #740
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
The light also works perfectly on my KA1 (pbchess_2016.12.31)
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #741
Ypsilon
Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.Ypsilon got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Love Cool Reader - highly apprecated!

Quote:
Just to report that 2016-12-31 works (including the front light) on my H2O, firmware 3.19 and KSM 8. Maybe a re-setup would solve it?
Ypsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 03:37 PM   #742
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Thanks for the information. I wonder what I did wrong here. Did you just copy the vlasovsoft folder into the .adds folder?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #743
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Did you just copy the vlasovsoft folder into the .adds folder?
Now you should see "start vlasovsoftlauncher" in the Kobo Start Menu.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:27 AM   #744
ikkentobi
Enthusiast

Thanks for clarification. Since I had a working KSM8/Coolreader 2016.03 system to start with, I

- moved .adds/vlasovsoft to .adds/vlasovsoft.2016-03
- extracted coolreader_2016-12-31.zip and moved the contained vlasovsoft folder to .adds
- copied cr3/cr3.ini, cr3/data/cr3.ini and cr3/data/cache from the 2016.03 folder to the new one
- disconnected and rebooted
- later retried everything without step 3

I'll retry again later. Maybe something went wrong unpacking the archive. This is a windows 10 notebook which I'm not familiar with. It's easier for me on linux;-)
Old 01-08-2017, 06:14 AM   #745
ikkentobi
Enthusiast

After redoing the coolreader 2016-12-31 installation (as described in the previous post) the front light now works without problems. I can only assume that something went wrong at my first attempt either unpacking the archive or when copying the files over to the device.

Sorry for causing all this confusion...
Old 01-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #746
trekk
Terraner

Quote:
Sorry for causing all this confusion...
No problem at all. I'm glad the light is working now.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #747
JEdgar
JEdgar began at the beginning.

Device: H2O
File list by date added

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonsnow View Post
Hello,

I am perfectly happy to read epubs with Coolreader until now, but lately I can't help but wonder whether it's possible to list files not alphabetically (by date added or date read, for example) in "Open file" menu. Is there any tweak I can probably do to make this possible or alphabetically is the default and unchangeable?
Since alternate list views of ebook files aren't (yet) available in CR, I use a manual workaround. With the reader connected to my (Windows) computer via USB, I open a command prompt in the folder holding the ebooks and run:

dir /N /D /O-D > !dir.txt

This creates a !dir.txt file in the folder, with the files listed by date. The next time I run CR, in Recent books, I do a "Delete record only" on the old !dir.txt file. The (new) !dir.txt file appears at the top of the list in Open file and is easy to open and refer to.
JEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:56 AM   #748
stevenam
stevenam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Found this eink.qss in a Germany forum. Somebody may interest in.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eink.zip (1.6 KB, 258 views)
stevenam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #749
crimsonsnow
Enthusiast
crimsonsnow began at the beginning.

Device: Yotaphone 2, Kobo Aura, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEdgar View Post
Since alternate list views of ebook files aren't (yet) available in CR, I use a manual workaround. With the reader connected to my (Windows) computer via USB, I open a command prompt in the folder holding the ebooks and run:

dir /N /D /O-D > !dir.txt

This creates a !dir.txt file in the folder, with the files listed by date. The next time I run CR, in Recent books, I do a "Delete record only" on the old !dir.txt file. The (new) !dir.txt file appears at the top of the list in Open file and is easy to open and refer to.
Hello, yes, this is actually a good idea, never thought about it before. I guess if you make a bat file or even automate it it'll give you a new list every time.

Thank you thank you, I guess for now this will work rather well.
crimsonsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:28 AM   #750
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenam View Post
Found this eink.qss in a Germany forum. Somebody may interest in.
Old file. New here:
http://forum.vlasovsoft.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=370
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote