Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #181
Roi
Dive now, work later!
Roi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
I am having the same problem with my brand new Sony PRS-T2 with firmware 1.0.04.11081 (not 1.0.05.12140). I cannot root the device. It simply reboots, that's it.

As all other people here I am hoping for a solution as I want to use the Onleihe Android app on the device as well as one or two "living room" apps like MPDroid.

Cheers,
Roi
Roi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #182
Roi
Dive now, work later!

I am having the same problem with my brand new Sony PRS-T2 with firmware 1.0.04.11081 (not 1.0.05.12140). I cannot root the device. It simply reboots, that's it.

As all other people here I am hoping for a solution as I want to use the Onleihe Android app on the device as well as one or two "living room" apps like MPDroid.

Cheers,
Roi
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 02:22 AM   #183
Byske
Byske began at the beginning.

Not sure, but...

Hi Roi, I had also problems routing my device. I succeeded, but I'm not sure what was causing the problem. Try re-partitioning your SD card.
Good luck - viel Erfolg!
Byske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #184
Roi
Dive now, work later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byske View Post
Hi Roi, I had also problems routing my device. I succeeded, but I'm not sure what was causing the problem. Try re-partitioning your SD card.
Good luck - viel Erfolg!
Thank you for your reply. But the howto does not cover the two newest firmwares 1.0.04.11081 and 1.0.05.12140.

Quote:
2. The official firmware for EU and US models must be 1.0.03.09110 or earlier. Not sure about RU models.
This guide does not yet cover the newest at this time (2012-11-22) 1.0.04.11081 firmware (EU,US) or 1.0.01.11080 (RU)
For the latest there should be nothing, yet, but for "my" firmware, it should work. It does not, as for many others here who bought the device just recently.

My MicroSD card is only 2GB, so there should not be a problem with the partition...
Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #185
Byske
Byske began at the beginning.

My Reader also runs 1.0.04 firmware. It took me a while, but after repartitioning and reformating the SD card everything went smoothly...
Byske is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #186
Roi
Dive now, work later!

Ah I see!

When did yoz buy it? And what file system did you put on the SD card? FAT?
Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #187
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roi View Post
And what file system did you put on the SD card? FAT?
Just let the T2 format the card.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #188
Roi
Dive now, work later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmr View Post
Just let the T2 format the card.
Ah, good idea. But it did not make any difference, the T2 is not accepting the jailbreak.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #189
Roi
Dive now, work later!

Hm, I checked Google and this forum but did not find anything.

Is there no way to get the device jailbreaked and rooted? I do not care if it is more work and more complicated than the "easy" way described everywhere.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #190
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
It seems that the only is to open the device, unsoldering the EEPROM write it with a firmware that accepts jailbreak using some professional device and re-sold it

Really not easy...
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #191
Roi
Dive now, work later!

Great! I do not know what to say. Sure I can use the device for most what it was planned to, but having it was also an idea... :-\
Old 05-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #192
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Sincerely for me is a big delusion thanks to the not jailbreak thing I cannot read the majority of the formats (no odt, no cbz, pdf reader is obscene), incorporated browser doesn't make any sense, collections doesn't work and my book are now randomly sorted on the device...

I cannot understand this Sony move, really why block the best selling point of your device? Why simply they doesn't sold the device already rooted?
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #193
joelones
joelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshes

Just wonder what you guys recommend in the way of apps after jailbreaking your prs-t2?
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #194
his
his began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Just wonder what you guys recommend in the way of apps after jailbreaking your prs-t2?
- Kindle https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....amazon.kindle (d'oh)
- SetOrientation https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....amazon.kindle , so you can easily switch to landscape in Kindle and other Android apps.
- LCD density modder https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pi.android.dpi When you reduce the dpi system elements (like buttons, font sizes) get smaller. This way you have more screen estate, i.e. smaller elements (icons, text, list items) but more of them. The "normal" size is too big for me but that is a matter of taste. Especially useful for the Kindle App as the smallest font size is too big for me; with this app it really is small.
- A bitmap painting program for taking notes: I use Sketchbook mobile (paid, free available also) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...com.sketchbook but e.g. Sketcher Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=org.sketcher works fine also.
- Google Drive, Evernote
- ButtonMap for mapping the hardware keys on an per-app basis

These are the general purpose apps I use.

The one app that sadly doesn't work well is Google Books. The page turning animation can't be switched off :-(. So you need to export books and import them (and they use DRM then).
his is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #195
joelones
joelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshesjoelones can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks for the reply, very informative. Do you install the apps via total commander(apk) or through google play, and if the latter, I'm assuming you need to install Android Market, it did not come with the rupor jailbreak?
thanks

edit: nevermind, i found an android market zip from another site.

Last edited by joelones; 07-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote