Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #46
gogely
gogely began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Hi everyone, i have also a problem with my e-book
I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, but from differents reasons it was unused during last 2 years. today i switch it on (after charging it), and nothing happen, the screen is off, nothing appear.

What i should do?

Thanks
gogely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #47
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogely View Post
Hi everyone, i have also a problem with my e-book
I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, but from differents reasons it was unused during last 2 years. today i switch it on (after charging it), and nothing happen, the screen is off, nothing appear.

What i should do?

Thanks
Could be that the battery is dead, especially if it drained down to 0% charge. Try turning it on while it's still plugged in, and see if that makes any difference.

Even though I don't use my iLiad anymore, I try to turn it on every couple of months and check the charge on it. The batteries do best if stored with about a 40% charge on them, but that will drain slowly over time so you need to top them up every once in awhile. If they deep discharge, they can get into a state where they won't recharge again. That may have been what happened to yours.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #48
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
So any progress on making such an image? what is basically needed are the magic app.image.gz, initrd.gz and zImage.gz files. If only IDS would be still working it's easy to dump them from the network stream with wireshark :-(
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #49
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaytsev View Post
So any progress on making such an image? what is basically needed are the magic app.image.gz, initrd.gz and zImage.gz files. If only IDS would be still working it's easy to dump them from the network stream with wireshark :-(

I have the image on file but if you restored with that you would miss out on the MobiReader aplication because its only the older image
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #50
stevetuf
iRex iLiad enthusiast
stevetuf began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Test 2.12.1?

I would be happy to test a home made 2.12.1 image, if Shaggy makes one. I, like most people, have the 2.10, so it cannot be any worse. Let me know, OK?
stevetuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #51
zaytsev
zaytsev began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...95#post1878595 for the references.
zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #52
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
Is it possible to reflash using an SD card or through the usb cable?
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #53
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is a factory reset possible without flashing anything?
If not, is it still possible to get the files somewhere?
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:18 PM   #54
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
Is a factory reset possible without flashing anything?
If not, is it still possible to get the files somewhere?

Is it possible to do a factory reset without flashing? Yes, possible, under certain conditions. You must have shell access and a backup of factory setting registry. Overwrite the "registry.xml" file on your iLiad and you have a factory reset. For most people, it is hard to meet the required conditions.

Reflash file can be obtained by search for "cf-card-contents.zip" using Google. Have patience browsing.

Be warned. You'll lose shell access privilege (if you had it) and mobipocket reader after reflashing.

Last edited by ericshliao; 09-06-2014 at 11:20 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote