Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-24-2021, 07:50 PM   #1
olbeggaols
Enthusiast
olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max Lumi/Kobo Forma/Kindle Paperwhite
Removing the update file in Max Lumi

Greetings,

I have just today received my Max Lumi. I updated by way of downloading the file to the root of the storage area. The install went smoothly. Now I would like to delete the file (saved on the mother PC). Is this safe?

I did read the manual, but I did not find any information about this. No index in manual.

Any tips for new user appreciated.

EDIT:
Bit by bit I am learning the meanings of all these little icons, but is there some place where the actual use of this thing is explained or can be looked up? Many things do not work the way I am used to!

I asked about deleting the update file. But I cannot even find it where I uploaded it. Was it deleted by the Boox itself?

I just highlighted some text in my first book upload. It was accidental and I would like to remove it, but I do not see the options.

Last edited by olbeggaols; 06-25-2021 at 06:15 PM.
olbeggaols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Usually the update process will remove the update file.
Normally it would be found at /sdcard/
Depending on how you are viewing files, that would appear in the root directory.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2021, 04:58 PM   #3
olbeggaols
Enthusiast
olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.olbeggaols has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Boox Max Lumi/Kobo Forma/Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks again Renate. Watching "My Deep Guide". I think I have found the reader I was looking for. Color next of course, but not needed by me. Does not have the problems of ReMarkable when reading PDFs which is mainly what I am about.
olbeggaols is offline   Reply With Quote