Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 12-18-2022, 09:32 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
when opening editor...

When I open editor with 't' or if I click on icon to open it the editor begins with also opening reports and images. Each time I have to close reports and images. I ran into this before long ago but cannot remember why it happens. I am using ubuntu 22.04 and x. Best regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:10 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I cant think of anything that could possibly cause them to open spontaneously. Maybe something on your system is sending extra keystrokes, triggerring the shortcuts for them?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2022, 06:10 PM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for swift replay. I switched from xorg back to wayland in 22.04 and it still happens, but I found something. The 'browse images' and 'reports' are not in tabs, but are regular screens. If I enlarge 'reports' to full size, close it, then save the editor screen, the editor will open with the 'reports' screen. But if I reduce the 'reports' screen to less than full size, close it, the save the editor screen, the editor will open normally without showing the 'reports' screen. It appears not to be a wayland / xorg thing at all. It is the full-size / smaller-than-full-size of the non-tab 'reports' and 'browse images'. Still working on it. Best regards, Pop
P.S. Merry Xmas and Merry Xorg
Old 12-18-2022, 07:02 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Doesnt reproduce for me on my Linux X11 system.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:55 AM   #5
lomkiri
Zealot
lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjwse@aol.com View Post
The 'browse images' and 'reports' are not in tabs, but are regular screens. If I enlarge 'reports' to full size, close it, then save the editor screen, the editor will open with the 'reports' screen. But if I reduce the 'reports' screen to less than full size, close it, the save the editor screen, the editor will open normally without showing the 'reports' screen.
I confirm this behavior (calibre 6.9, debian + kde, xorg).
I open the editor
I open either 'browse images' or 'reports'
I maximize this window (then the editor is hidden behind and not accessible anymore, the window 'image' (or 'report') always stay in the foreground)
I close the window 'image' (or 'report') while maximized
I close the editor
I open the editor : then the window 'image' (or 'report') automatically opens maximized and in the foreground. And furthermore, it displays nothing (no image for the window 'image', or the busy-widget for the report).

I have to reduce the window 'image' (or 'report') first, then close it, then it won't reopen at next start.

---------

I tried to reproduce it on another PC with calibre 6.1 and debian + xfce, but it's not allowed to maximize those windows (I don't know if it's due to the version of calibre or to xfce) so the problem is cut out at its root, since the window is never maximized.
lomkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2022, 05:09 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Those two are dialogs they are not maximizable except by manual sizing. If KDE is letting you maximize them, then that's a bug in KDE.
Old 12-19-2022, 05:24 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

In any case this will fix it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...172da856589459
Old 12-19-2022, 05:27 AM   #8
lomkiri
Zealot
lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lomkiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Ok then, this explains that.

If it can help, here are the json files, after the editor was closed, one of them in normal state (window won't reopen), and the other one in buggy state (window will reopen). (I was creating them in a clean environment, without any extension, while you was replying).

Edit : As KDE is widely used, maybe a way to prevent this bug would be to check, at __init__ of those windows, if they are maximized and if so, to unmaximized them ?

Edit two :
Quote:
In any case this will fix it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...172da856589459
Argh, you're much faster than me! :-)
Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip tweak_book_gui.zip (3.0 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by lomkiri; 12-19-2022 at 05:37 AM.
lomkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 06:12 AM   #9
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

Thank you both. While on the subject, I was wondering why some of calibre's editor's windows can be put into tabs and others cannot. It would be great if these two mentioned ('browse images' and 'reports') and others could be uniformly set up as tabs. Just a suggestion. Best regards, Pop