Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-10-2023, 03:20 PM   #61
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
It's like the way the S in SQL stands for "Structured" rather than "Standard", and the "Java" in "JavaScript" doesn't mean "Java".
The L is for Language, but not in the sense of a programming language, though Stored Procedures exist. It does somewhat more than Queries too.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 04:00 PM   #62
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I bought a 32 gb Signature (originally to upgrade my Mom but she preferred my Voyage, so we swapped). I've been very happy with it. Side by side, the text on the Voyage is slighty crisper, but not really that noticeable. I like the larger screen since I use size 7-8 Bookerly font. My only disappointment is that the Blue Tooth only connects to one of my devices so not very useful to me as a whispersync device when away from home.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 11:54 AM   #63
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The EU isn't saying it must be a full spec USB-C with Video and USB 3.x speed. They are only mandating the connector.
And frankly that's the only thing I'm interested in. In general transfer speeds for EPUB/AZW3 files (typically <1MB) are not an issue.
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 01:08 PM   #64
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
And frankly that's the only thing I'm interested in. In general transfer speeds for EPUB/AZW3 files (typically <1MB) are not an issue.
Absolutely. Only some scanned PDFs and comics are huge. It's not like dealing with a portable video player
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 11:34 AM   #65
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
The L is for Language, but not in the sense of a programming language, though Stored Procedures exist. It does somewhat more than Queries too.
L for Language covers many sins including Prolog, APL and Brainfuck, and the S stands for Structured and the Q stands for Query nevertheless -- but you know what, I'm not the one who was responsible for naming it.
Old 02-20-2023, 08:13 AM   #66
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

I've bought a Libra 2, and so far it looks very good (although I'm still figuring out some configuration issues).
Thanks for all the advice.

Tags
e-ink