Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-17-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Brandon Sanderson' YA books.

I have enjoyed Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn , Wax and Wyne and his Stormlight series, but I see he has written others but they are YA books. ( The Reckoners, Skyward etc )

Has anyone read his normal Fantasy books and the YA ones? How do they compare?

I do prefer the more involved fantasy books, but nothing wrong with a bit of good light reading as long as they a good.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:51 AM   #2
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I’ve read The Reckoners series. It was good like any of his other books.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2021, 09:55 PM   #3
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I've read both the Reckoners and Skyward and enjoyed them both, not quite as much as the Mistborn books but quite a bit. I've only read the Way of Kings from Stormlight (waiting for the first 1/2 of the series to be complete first) so can't really say with that.

Minor spoiler for Skyward...
Spoiler:
I would say that personally, I'd wait till at least 1 more book is available in the Skyward series before starting it. Huge cliffhanger at the end of book 2.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #4
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I enjoyed the Reckoners series, but I haven't read any of his other stuff yet.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #5
trksh22
I'd Rather be Reading
trksh22 is on a distinguished road

Device: K2
My son and I both enjoyed the Reckoners series. I was just quoting it the other day. Some things I didn't like, but it has been a while and I am still thinking about the series so there you go.
trksh22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2021, 09:06 PM   #6
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I read the Reckoners. It was ok. It's not that it sucked but I guess my preferences rarely include YA. (love Harry Potter, so I dunno what's up with that).
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote