Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-02-2015, 02:13 PM   #1
zenmasher
zenmasher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Downloading Highlights

I am trying to find a way to download the highlights I make while reading. The books I get from Amazon upload the highlights on the Kindle page, but books not purchased through Amazon don't.

I have found the Clippings txt file, but it hasn't updated in awhile and I can't seem to figure out how to make it update. Also, it includes highlights from all of the books and I'd like to be able to isolate particular ones.

I'm using these notes for research and it would be helpful to have an isolated copy of them.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks.
zenmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does [GUI Plugin] Annotations help?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2015, 05:09 PM   #3
zenmasher
zenmasher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is very helpful. I see that it makes notes of the annotations in the column. Do people just cut and paste these notes into Word or something?

Thank you.
zenmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The annotations are stored as HTML in the column. You can do whatever you want with it. If you create more annotations on the device for the book, the next time you fetch them, it will merge them together.

As to usage, the main thing I use the annotations for is to mark errors in the books. Then, I fix them. Afterwards, I delete the annotations. But, I have cut-and-paste them to other places to send somewhere. It works OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:44 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
IIRC the Annotations plugin just cuts out the right info from the My Clippings file*.

A similar utility is http://clippings.io

* -- a log of every annotation you make, as you make it. Only on the device that created the annotation.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-05-2015 at 03:46 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert