Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
"Reader for PC" app not recognizing x50 models?

I've loaded the latest Sony "Reader for PC" software on a couple of my PC's, but the app still refuses to recognize either my 650 or my 950 models. Has anyone else seen this issue?
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
quisvir
Addict
quisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animalsquisvir is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle PW2
Yes, same issue here. Then I quickly decided to get rid of the Sony software again. So no suggestions for a solution, unfortunately.
quisvir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Sorry, here is the mantra again.

Calibre is highly recommended.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DojoPat View Post
I've loaded the latest Sony "Reader for PC" software on a couple of my PC's, but the app still refuses to recognize either my 650 or my 950 models. Has anyone else seen this issue?
The Reader for PC is working (well, kind of... it's full of bugs...) with both my 350 and 950, for what it's worth.

But it won't recognize my 950 if I put any memory card in it.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
You could use the older Reader Library software. You can still find it on the Sony site here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...3#/downloadTab
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 08:59 AM   #6
spacebrew
Enthusiast
spacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud ofspacebrew has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-350, Droid X2
That new version has never worked for me. It crashes every time I open it. I even rebuilt my computer, fresh OS install (for other reasons...) and it does the same thing. Seems like an alpha release.
spacebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Glad I saw this. I've been happily using the Sony Reader Library on my laptop with my 650 for nearly a year now. I wondered how the new PC app would work, now I know. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
I tried the new Reader for PC. Twice. Both times it kept freezing and wouldn't recognize my non-Reader Store books, then it messed up my Reader Library software. I finally just said "Screw it," uninstalled both, and reinstalled Reader Library. So long story short, I wasn't impressed and don't plan to switch programs.
icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote