Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
HeyYou
Interested in everything!
HeyYou began at the beginning.

Device: Nook & Nook Color
Touchpad cancellation - B&N shows class

I tried to participate in the HP Touchpad feeding frenzy by ordering from Barnes & Noble very early Monday. Like many others, I then received a cancellation notice due to out of stock.

Yesterday, I received a classy apology from Barnes & Noble, which deserves recognition just by itself. It contained a really nice suprise, though - a digital gift certificate.

Kudos to Barnes & Noble for responding to a difficult situation with poise and class.
HeyYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
This is really good customer service, surprisingly for B&N.
Ubermensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
Snard
Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snard has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Color
I got one too. Very pleased with their customer service, that had to cost them a few dollars.
Snard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:55 PM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
This is really good customer service, surprisingly for B&N.
Doesn't surprise me. I've always found their service quite good.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
I got a gift certificate too. But it still bothers me that BN could not figure out their inventory on touchpads. They didn't had many and cruelly left a lot of folks like myself in a limbo for a day or so.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This is strictly a YMMV type of thing. My order was cancelled and I didn't get a gift certificate.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by debteb View Post
But it still bothers me that BN could not figure out their inventory on touchpads. They didn't had many and cruelly left a lot of folks like myself in a limbo for a day or so.
Agree. I wonder how many they actually had?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-27-2011 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot a word
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote