Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
Pages in chapter

Dont want to waste a post,so just ask here:

In my Auro HD, it only shows the page of each chapter and where I am(for example, when I read chapter 12 and it has 20 pages. At the bottom, it only show 20 pages,is there anyway to show how many total pages in the book instead of each chapter and which page of the book I am reading?

Thanks
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Instead of wasting a post, you wasted my time

As far as I've seen, with sideloaded epubs (not .kepub.epub) you always get the total pages in the book.

Moderator Notice
If you have a new unrelated (or very loosely related) question, open a new thread or look for an appropriate thread
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I think you could go back to previous firmware version. I'm on version 2.6.1 (on my Glo), using side-loaded kepubs, and I have total book page numbers.

You may be able to edit the config file to get book page numbers.

It may be some combination of the two.

Sorry, but I forget what I did to get them, but I think I had to edit the settings file.

Good luck.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
There IS a way to show the total pages with side loaded (via Calibre) kepubs. I believe it is done using the Kobo Utilities plugin. Let me know if more information is needed, and I will plug a Kobo in and tell what to do.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Maybe this will help:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...rs#post2823258
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
You can configure the Koreader progress bar, at the bottom of the page, to display: "All at once", Battery, Next Chapter, Pages, and Time. If you set "All at once" = false, the ones you set true will display one after the other when you tap on the one displayed. One of the taps will toggle the progress bar display. The Pages option shows current page #
/total pages (1234/9876). The progress bar has tick marks for each chapter in the TOC.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I get very tempted to try Koreader after reading some threads, but then looking through the posts about it, I haven't found any clear directions on how to install it. I find various posts that say first install FileMonitor but the links don't work, but wait, don't do that for certain versions or it's newer/better now to install Kobo Start Menu, links that don't work, and I keep changing my mind everytime I look through how to do it.

So is there any one place (without having to read through 1000 posts that keep changing the process, where it's updated in the top post) that gives exact steps for installing Koreader from start to finish on 3.5.0?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is a "Sticky" for that. Inside that is a link to a newer way to do it using tshering's great "Kobo Start Menu". Koreader works the same without regard to Kobo's FW changes, so far in any case, you never know what Kobo might do.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #9
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Thank you for that link. The posts I had been looking through and trying to download from were all in the Developer's Corner. Your post is very clear with all working links.

Now to figure out how to do some things with it!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote