Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Various Authors: One Hundred and One Famous Poems. 12 Feb 2009

One Hundred and One Famous Poems (with a Prose Supplement), published by R. J. Cook.

This popular anthology was first published in 1916. "Eighty Years of Bestsellers (1895-1975)" by Hackett and Burke ranks it among the fifty most popular books sold in the U.S. in the past century. One Hundred and One Famous Poems (or alternatively, 101 Famous Poems) has remained continuously in print.

It includes works from great poets like Byron, Dickinson, Keats, Milton, Shakespeare, Shelley, Tennyson, Whitman, and Wordsworth. There are also popular poems by Frost, Kipling, Longfellow, Poe, Riley, and Whittier.
And those lesser poems that we often memorized as a child.

Some you may not recognize the title and author of some but you will remember the poems or frequently quoted phrasess.
Laugh and the world laughs with you...
But let me live by the side of the road and be a friend of man...
We shall not sleep though poppies grow in Flanders Field...
a poem as lovely as a tree...
I am the captain of my soul...
Will you walk into my parlor?, said the spider to the fly...
And fired the shot heard round the world...
I shall not pass this way again...

I've tried to keep the structure of the poems, which is probably best appreciated in a small or medium font.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Various Authors - One Hundred and One Famous Poems.lrf (458.8 KB, 737 views)
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Wow! Thank you. I grew up with this book--it was always in the . . . uh . . . 'other reading room'.
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert