Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #1
Jdkav
Jdkav began at the beginning.

Device: Asus tablet
New Calibre Books Not Found By CC

Everything was working great for along time. Now, all of a sudden, new books added to Calibre show up in a Calibre search but are not found by CC. I have tried everything. Reloading both apps, upgrading to the latest versions and nothing works. Am I missing something?
Jdkav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Are clocks and calendars correct (and same locale) on both ends?
Are you sure you don't have a filter on CC in place?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2019, 11:41 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdkav View Post
Everything was working great for along time. Now, all of a sudden, new books added to Calibre show up in a Calibre search but are not found by CC. I have tried everything. Reloading both apps, upgrading to the latest versions and nothing works. Am I missing something?

How are you trying to access calibre?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:51 PM   #4
Jdkav

No filters. I accept all book formats but almost all are epub. I connect as a content server. Port is good and router rules are set. It love on and sees all files except what I have put in the last 2 weeks. If I go to the server and search, they are all there. I can find them and download them on the server.

Very strange.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Something during a recent update, glitched some of my (calibre) templates and plugin configurations. Check each and every one.
Run in debug mode while you do the connect, then look at the log for any messages that look like it was having problems. Something may jump out at you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #6
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
It sounds like the content server that CC is connecting to is not being updated. Are you running a second calibre content server? You can test this by killing calibre then attempting to connect with CC. If the connection succeeds then there is another calibre content server running, perhaps on a different library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #7
Jdkav

Only one content server being run but I will try the Debug mode and see if anything pops out.

Many thanks for the ideas.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #8
chaley
CC Android & calibre dev
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdkav View Post
Only one content server being run but I will try the Debug mode and see if anything pops out.

Many thanks for the ideas.
I received the debug log. Thanks.

One interesting thing: calibre is telling CC that there are two libraries available, specifically:
Code:
current library = Calibre_Library, available libraries={"library_map":{"Calibre_Library":"Calibre Library",
                     "Calibre_Library1":"Calibre Library"},"default_library":"Calibre_Library"}
Apparently you have two calibre libraries named "Calibre Library", which will of course have different file paths on the machine running calibre. My guess is that one of them is an older copy of the other, and that the default library is the older one. You can test this by asking CC to change libraries (tap the 3 dots to get to this command) then see if the books appear.

It could also be that the libraries both having the same name could lead to problems, but I don't think so.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:39 PM   #9
Jdkav

Now I really feel dumb! Yes two libraries. Must have happened when I did an update by mistake.

Many thanks! Problem solved.