Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-31-2019, 04:08 AM   #1
maravic
maravic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Connection wit box.com

Hi, i have problem with connection to my box.com cloud on my eink reader (with android 4). It worked wery well but I got informatiation that I have to reauthenticate my connection. I tried to do this, but I does't work. The authorization website is not avaliable. Clean instalation of calibre companion didn't solve the problem.

Did box.com change the address of the website for authorization?

It works on my phone (android 8.1).

Last edited by maravic; 05-31-2019 at 04:13 AM.
maravic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 09:08 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I am travelling and cannot debug this problem. I won't be able to get to it until June 10th.

Question: do you have the same version of CC on your phone and on your reader?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #3
maravic
maravic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Yes, the latest version from Amazon. I got information that It can't connect to apps.box.com/api/oauth2
maravic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:20 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I now know what is happening. Box changed their system to accept only TLS 1.2 secure network connections. Android 4 and below use TLS 1.0 and 1.1. Android 5 and up use TLS 1.2. This is why it works on your phone but not your eink device.

I don't know if I can fix it. At first glance it seems very difficult. It may be that CC must stop supporting Box on Android 4.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote