Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
warface9991
Enthusiast
warface9991 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo GLO HD
Can I ask for dictionary addition for Turkish?

Hi

There are plenty of dictionary of various languages but there I couldn't see any Turkish-English dictionary. Is there any possibility or a way for you to add at least one Turkish dictionary? I just know that babylon gives free dictionary but it is in .bgl format which I couldn't convert it to stardict one so couldn't use it. And also I will add a dictionary scanned in .pdf format. If you might add these two it would be great

Babylon English-Turkish dictionary: https://www.babylon-software.com/fre...ish/57002.html

Atalay dictionary in .pdf format: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3ay2ccd19eevwzd/

Last edited by warface9991; 04-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.
warface9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
We can only add freely licensed dictionaries. I believe the Babylon terms of use prevent conversion or redistribution.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2019, 03:31 PM   #3
warface9991
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
We can only add freely licensed dictionaries. I believe the Babylon terms of use prevent conversion or redistribution.
I managed to convert .bgl to stardict but when I paste the .idx .ifo .dict files into the dictionary folder of koreader the dictionary doesn't show up on the e-reader

I also found a .mobi dictionary but it seems it belongs to the kindle but if we can convert it to stardict can we use it? Link: http://eb.lv/

Last edited by warface9991; 04-21-2019 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #4
Frenzie
Guru
Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Frenzie can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

You mean /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/data/dict/?
Old 04-23-2019, 03:28 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by warface9991 View Post
I managed to convert .bgl to stardict but when I paste the .idx .ifo .dict files into the dictionary folder of koreader the dictionary doesn't show up on the e-reader

I also found a .mobi dictionary but it seems it belongs to the kindle but if we can convert it to stardict can we use it? Link: http://eb.lv/

Please take the time to read the Posting Guidelines and note the following:

Quote:
URL shortening services may not be used.
Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2019, 05:50 AM   #6
warface9991
Enthusiast

Quote:
You mean /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/data/dict/?

Yes, exactly. Someone posted me a working dictionary of Babylon in stardict format. Can you please add this into Koreader so my fellows can use this dictionary as well?

http://download.huzheng.org/babylon/...-2.4.2.tar.bz2
Old 04-23-2019, 05:51 AM   #7
Frenzie
Guru

Btw, a search came up with some dictionaries here: http://download.huzheng.org/freedict.de/

They're a bit outdated, but without diving too deeply into it they look legit, cf. https://freedict.org/downloads/
Old 04-23-2019, 05:53 AM   #8
Frenzie
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by warface9991 View Post
Yes, exactly. Someone posted me a working dictionary of Babylon in stardict format. Can you please add this into Koreader so my fellows can use this dictionary as well?

http://download.huzheng.org/babylon/...-2.4.2.tar.bz2
No, the Babylon license does not permit such things.

Quote:
7. General Copying Restrictions

YOU MAY:
a. Use the Product as licensed as follows: RETAIL use: by a single workstation only (one license per one workstation); CORPORATE use: according to the number of workstations paid for to Babylon. The Product is delivered in a manner to provide for the use by a single workstation. This does not include use on a computer network. Working with Babylon on a network requires a separate license (Babylon Server License). You may not use the Product for more than one workstation unless you paid to Babylon the appropriate license fee; in the event there is more than one single workstation using the Product, then you must pay a license fee for each additional workstation. In the event that you have any questions regarding the number of users permitted you should immediately contact Babylon.
b. Copy the Product for backup purposes as appropriate.
c. Transfer the Product and entire license permanently to another person if that person agrees to accept all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you transfer the Product you must at the same time either transfer all copies of the Product to the same person, or destroy any copies not transferred.
d. Terminate this license by destroying the original and all copies of the Product in whatever form.
https://www.babylon-software.com/info/terms
Old 04-23-2019, 05:53 AM   #9
warface9991
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Thanks!
Hi.
I read them but I do not have any idea what the link shortening is. If you can clarify what this is I can do whatever is best
Old 04-23-2019, 05:58 AM   #10
warface9991
Enthusiast

Quote:
Btw, a search came up with some dictionaries here: http://download.huzheng.org/freedict.de/

They're a bit outdated, but without diving too deeply into it they look legit, cf. https://freedict.org/downloads/
Oh i see that the Babylon one is illegal to be put in. But the one that says 'freedict.de' is legal right? At least could you add that into Koreader?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:25 AM   #11
Frenzie
Guru

Yes, although ideally I'd like for someone to generate newer versions of those dictionaries so they're not over a decade old.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:40 AM   #12
Frenzie
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Thanks!
It's actually just the (very short) URL to the website.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #13
warface9991
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, although ideally I'd like for someone to generate newer versions of those dictionaries so they're not over a decade old.
If one ordinary man like me can generate its newer version, I am willing to do so. But I don't know how to do it or how to acquire newer version of it
Old 04-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #14
Frenzie
Guru

The lazy option it'll be then, for the moment.
Old 04-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #15
warface9991
Enthusiast

Quote:
The lazy option it'll be then, for the moment.
Thank you for your effort and time, again.