Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2018, 02:23 PM   #16
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerAction View Post
Thanks! Nice work
You're welcome!
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:31 AM   #17
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
No problem!

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking.

Nowadays I have a "mom's" configuration, a "bad eyes" configuration and a simple one with games.
My purpose is to maintain all of them at the same place.
Is this possible?
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 02:49 AM   #18
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
So, you want different sets of "overrides" inside the same file, and as input the tool recibes the set you want to apply.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:26 AM   #19
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
It works (copy the file to my device yet), a few notes:

I don't think you need to add the .patch files to kobopatch folder, just add to the instruction to copy the files from the source folder from GeoffR patcher to src folder.

I like kobopatch.yaml conf file, but I think you can take it a step further and add replace line inside like something like this:

Code:
  src/nickel.patch:
     Custom reading footer style: yes
      replace line:  "replace_string = 00EB, `font-size:19px`, `font-size:16px`" to "replace_string = 00EB, `font-size:19px`, `font-size:14px`"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
So, you want different sets of "overrides" inside the same file, and as input the tool recibes the set you want to apply.
You need to add which patches you whant to enable/disable in kobopatch.yaml conf file.
Mine is:
Spoiler:
Code:
## Works with kobopatch v0.6 or higher.
## You can update kobopatch by downloading the latest release from https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/releases. 
version: 4.8.11073
in: src/kobo-update-4.8.11073.zip
out: KoboRoot.tgz
log: log.txt

## The patch format to use: kobopatch (.yaml) or patch32lsb(.patch)
patchFormat: patch32lsb

## This section lists the patch files and the corresponding binary in the tgz.
patches:
  src/nickel.patch: usr/local/Kobo/nickel
  src/libadobe.so.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libadobe.so
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
  src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch: usr/local/Kobo/librmsdk.so.1.0.0

## You can put lines in the following section to override the enabled state of patches.
## The indentation matters! Each override should be indented by 4 spaces. Add to the 
## section below. This section can be copy and pasted into newer patch versions to
## keep your selections.
##
## Example of how it should look:
## overrides:
##   src/nickel.patch:
##     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
##     Whatever the patch is called: no
##   src/libadobe.so.patch:
##     You get the idea: yes
overrides:
  src/nickel.patch:
     Disable reading footer: no
     Custom synopsis/details line spacing: yes
     Custom synopsis/font size: yes
     Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 33%: yes
     Custom Header menubar - reduce height by 50%: no
     Dictionary pop-up frame size increase: no
     Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (upper left corner): no
     Changing the info panel in full size screensaver (lower left corner): yes
     Increase The Cover Size In Library: yes
     Increasing The View Details Container: yes
     New home screen increasing cover size: no
     Reading stats/Author name cut when the series is showing bug fix: yes
     Increase size of Kepub chapter progress chart: yes
     Custom font to Collection and Authors names: yes
     Increase headlines font: yes
     New home screen subtitle custem font: yes
     dictionary full: yes
     new home screen removing the footer (row3): no
     New home screen removing the footer (row3) and increasing cover size: yes
     show games on Beta Features: no
  src/libadobe.so.patch:
     Remove PDF map widget shown during panning: no
  src/libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch:
     My 10 line spacing values: no
     My 24 line spacing values: yes
     Custom left & right margins: yes
     Custom font sizes: yes
     Freedom to advanced fonts control: yes
     ePub fixed/adjustable top/bottom margins: yes
     ePub fixed top/bottom margins: no
     ePub disable built-in body padding-bottom: no
     Custom kepub default margins: yes
     Block WiFi firmware upgrade: yes
     Custom footer (page number text): yes
     Custom Sleep/Power-off timeouts: no
     Set KePub hyphenation: yes
     Fix three KePub fullScreenReading bugs: yes
     Force user line spacing in KePubs: yes
     Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2): yes
     Un-force font-family override p tags (std epubs): no
     Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 1 of 2): yes
     ePub constant font sharpness: no
     KePub constant font sharpness: no
     Un-Force user text-align in div,p tags in KePubs: no
     Always display chapter name on navigation menu: yes
     Un-Force user font-family in KePubs: no
     Un-force link decoration in KePubs: yes
     KePub stylesheet additions: yes
     Change dicthtml strings to micthtml: yes
     Allow searches on Extra dictionaries: no
     Ignore .otf fonts: no
     Brightness fine control: no
     Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height - beta: yes
     Clock display duration: yes
     Disable QuickTurn: yes
     Keyboard template (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura): no
     Keyboard template (AuraHD/H2O): no
     Keyboard template (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
     Cyrillic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O): no
     Cyrillic Keyboard (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
     Arabic keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura/AuraHD/H2O): no
     Hebrew keyboard (Mini/Touch/Glo/Aura): yes
     Hebrew keyboard (AuraHD/H2O): no
     Hebrew keyboard (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
     Greek Keyboard (GloHD/AuraOne/H2O2): no
     New home screen footer rename: no
     Dictionary, remove long winded closest match notification: yes
     Remove More by this author: yes
     Wikipedia language Search: yes
     New home screen footer rename test: no
  src/librmsdk.so.1.0.0.patch:
     Disable orphans/widows avoidance: yes
     Default ePub monospace font (Courier): no
     Default ePub serif font (Amasis): yes
     Default ePub sans-serif font (Gill Sans): yes
     Default ePub symbol font (Symbol): yes
     Force user line spacing in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): yes
     Force user font-family in ePubs (Part 2 of 2): yes
     Ignore ePub book Adobe XPGT stylesheet (page-template.xpgt): yes
     Ignore ePub book CSS and Adobe XPGT stylesheets: yes
     Ignore ePub TOC navpoints: no

Last edited by oren64; 05-29-2018 at 04:04 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:31 AM   #20
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
hes you whant to enable/disable in kobopatch.yaml conf file.
All of them? Or only those you want to change from the default file? I thought only the changes.
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 03:47 AM   #21
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All of them? Or only those you want to change from the default file? I thought only the changes.
No, you don't have to set all the patches, the ones you didn't set will be activated by what is set in the .patch files.
Old 05-29-2018, 04:31 AM   #22
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Yes that's right. Now I have three different kobopatch.yaml because of the three different overrides sections.
In other hand, I prefer to have the list of all patches to enable/disable in kobopatch.yaml conf. file and forget about what is into the correspondent patch file.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #23
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
Yes that's right. Now I have three different kobopatch.yaml because of the three different overrides sections.
In other hand, I prefer to have the list of all patches to enable/disable in kobopatch.yaml conf. file and forget about what is into the correspondent patch file.
Yes. That's right. The reason why I am keeping both places is to reduce confusion for users of the original patching system.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #24
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
It works (copy the file to my device yet), a few notes:

I don't think you need to add the .patch files to kobopatch folder, just add to the instruction to copy the files from the source folder from GeoffR patcher to src folder.
[/PATCH]
Thanks for testing, and yes, you are correct.

Quote:
I like kobopatch.yaml conf file, but I think you can take it a step further and add replace line inside like something like this:

Code:
  src/nickel.patch:
      replace line:  "replace_string = 00EB, `font-size:19px`, `font-size:16px`" to "replace_string = 00EB, `font-size:19px`, `font-size:14px`"
How would that work? What if the patch changes. I'm trying to make the overrides section version-independent. I could reconsider my decision not to add variables though.

Last edited by geek1011; 05-29-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:44 AM   #25
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

I've done a script and I've converted all the patches for 4.8.11703 to the new format. I haven't applied yet to the reader but I've got some comments:
  • The demo example is wrong in Offset/Find/Replace indentation, it must be another level... or the token is not recognized
  • For keyboard patch there is some offset like this: FFFFFFD4, that is not accepted because it's said that it doesn't fit in Int32 (I'm using ReplaceString)
  • When you are using strings for Find and Replace, you have to escape " or ' (as you prefer the delimiter) or there are errors in the patching

Additionally, aside of supporting of having more than a set of overrides in the same patch file (Aura One and Aura Ed 2 have some differences), I would like to add the idea of Group of patches which should be applied together (there are a couple of examples).

I've uploaded the translation file too (I process it with lrelease.exe, so it generates the qm file).
Attached Files
File Type: bat translations.bat (680 Bytes, 441 views)
Old 05-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #26
oren64
I need a chapter break

I and I think others don't use the patches as is, the idea is to change the patch, to have the ability to replace the lines the patch, so if someone want to replace line in the patch, he will have add add the code to the conf file, If the patch change he will have to change the code, if not he will get an error.

Last edited by oren64; 05-29-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
I've done a script and I've converted all the patches for 4.8.11703 to the new format. I haven't applied yet to the reader but I've got some comments:
  • The demo example is wrong in Offset/Find/Replace indentation, it must be another level... or the token is not recognized
  • For keyboard patch there is some offset like this: FFFFFFD4, that is not accepted because it's said that it doesn't fit in Int32 (I'm using ReplaceString)
  • When you are using strings for Find and Replace, you have to escape " or ' (as you prefer the delimiter) or there are errors in the patching

Additionally, aside of supporting of having more than a set of overrides in the same patch file (Aura One and Aura Ed 2 have some differences), I would like to add the idea of Group of patches which should be applied together (there are a couple of examples).

I've uploaded the translation file too (I process it with lrelease.exe, so it generates the qm file).
Thanks! I'll update the demo later.

For the translations, would a section like this be good:
Code:
translations:
     src/whatever.ts: usr/local/Kobo/translations/whatever.qm
It would only work if lrelease can be found in the PATH, else, it would give an error.

Quote:
I and I think others don't use the patches as is, the idea is to change the patch, to have the ability to replace the lines the patch, so if someone want to replace line in the patch, he will have add add the code to the conf file, If the patch change he will have to change the code, if not he will get an error.
OK. I see what you mean. What would be a consistent way to identify a line to replace, and be compatible with both patch formats?
Old 05-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #28
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
For the translations, would a section like this be good:
Code:
translations:
     src/whatever.ts: usr/local/Kobo/translations/whatever.qm
It would only work if lrelease can be found in the PATH, else, it would give an error.
Perfect. And the same happens with my bat file, so no problem there...
Old 05-29-2018, 12:29 PM   #29
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Perfect. And the same happens with my bat file, so no problem there...
OK, I'll work on it sometime soon.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #30
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
May be you said something like I proposed some time ago here. The section about "MultiPatch"
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb