Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-17-2018, 03:25 AM   #16
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokita View Post
Got it running fine on the KA1, great work! However, I cannot get ssh/Dropbear to run, although I have pbchess installed and usbnet works fine. Any help appreciated.
I confirm that KSM fails to start Dropbear. I try to look at it this weekend.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:35 AM   #17
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraboy View Post
Why wifi connection is essential? I install KSM 09 according to the instructions only without a wifi connection. Now my kobo one can display KSM 09, my nickel still works, but koreader doesn't work, and pngs don't work. How can I fix it? Can I just install KSM 09 again with a wifi connection?
Wifi connection is not needed for installing KSM!
Did you copy the koreader folder into .adds (rather than .kobo)?
As for pngs, KSM is now using Baskerville's fmon instead of the original version. This new version is much more stricter than the old was. Maybe not all necessary images have yet been created by nickel. Give it some further tries. If it does not start working, we have to find some solution.
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 05:13 AM   #18
ultraboy
ultraboy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Wifi connection is not needed for installing KSM!
Did you copy the koreader folder into .adds (rather than .kobo)?
As for pngs, KSM is now using Baskerville's fmon instead of the original version. This new version is much more stricter than the old was. Maybe not all necessary images have yet been created by nickel. Give it some further tries. If it does not start working, we have to find some solution.
Thank you for your reply. The newest koreader nightly build works ok, stable build doesn't seems to work. Now, just pngs don't work.
ultraboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:34 AM   #19
branchespark
branchespark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
@tshering - great software. Thank you.

I'm looking at having a full-screen browser for a UI within the home. Simple stuff. I most likely need to build my own QT app with a WebView.

What I am looking for is:
- Kobo boot to KSM and then first link be for the app
- WiFi is always on (will be USB powered)
- Never sleeps

What I am having a problem with is the build environment. I am sure it should be simple (as for other environments built for before), but can you point me to a simple guide for how to build?

Many thanks a great app.
branchespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:50 AM   #20
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchespark View Post
@tshering - great software. Thank you.

I'm looking at having a full-screen browser for a UI within the home. Simple stuff. I most likely need to build my own QT app with a WebView.

What I am looking for is:
- Kobo boot to KSM and then first link be for the app
- WiFi is always on (will be USB powered)
- Never sleeps

What I am having a problem with is the build environment. I am sure it should be simple (as for other environments built for before), but can you point me to a simple guide for how to build?

Many thanks a great app.
Is this of some help?
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 06:37 AM   #21
mhss
mhss began at the beginning.

my reader : kubo aura one
firmware version :4.4.9439

when I uploaded ksm09 , exactly followed the step , the start menu is different.
Int the menu, there is no [start koreader] and [start plato] .

Is there something I missed?
mhss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #22
branchespark
branchespark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Is this of some help?
Thanks - I had looked at that. Will try again!
branchespark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:55 PM   #23
dfgdfga
Nameless Being

I think I bricked my Aura One.
I installed KSM09 and then KA1. Grave mistake.

The screen is not responsive. I can restart it by touching the button for a really long time.

Anyone an idea?

This is the only thing I can see

Old 01-17-2018, 02:08 PM   #24
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhss View Post
when I uploaded ksm09 , exactly followed the step , the start menu is different.
Int the menu, there is no [start koreader] and [start plato] .

Is there something I missed?
You need to have these programs installed (in .adds directory). If you don't have them, they're not shown on main screen. Obviously, tshering had them installed when he made screenshot.

You don't need to have them to have use of KSM, but usually people (at least I do) install other readers and KSM as a way to use them instead of nickel (or beside nickel).
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #25
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfgdfga View Post

The screen is not responsive. I can restart it by touching the button for a really long time.

Anyone an idea?

Do you mean the patch for KSM 08, when you say KA1? This would have indeed been a mistake. I understand that the screen is not responsive now, but what does happen, when you just wait after powering on? Is nickel not started automatically after some time?

Btw, to power off an unresponsive device: Press the power button, and hold it in this position for 25 seconds or so. Then the device will be powered off. Release the button, wait a second and power the device on.
When you power off your device in this way, you will not see any change on the screen to indicate when and whether it is powered off. Therefore, hold the power button rather longer, to be on the save side. Otherwise your battery will drain rather quickely.

In case nickel is starting automatically after some time, we can easily remove the KSM 08 patch. If it does not, try to factory reset your device by the method described here, the one with the heading "Performing a manual factory reset."

Last edited by tshering; 01-17-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:42 PM   #26
mhss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
You need to have these programs installed (in .adds directory). If you don't have them, they're not shown on main screen. Obviously, tshering had them installed when he made screenshot.

You don't need to have them to have use of KSM, but usually people (at least I do) install other readers and KSM as a way to use them instead of nickel (or beside nickel).
Thanks a lot !
Now I know the reason , because i copied the FILE koreader***.tgz to adds, so the menu [start koreader] didn't show .
It is needed to unzip the file koreader***.zip, and copy the FOLDER "koreader" to adds.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #27
mhss

Quote:

Anyone an idea?

I think you maybe used another patch something like *05* , after this patch 09 was installed.
You don't need any other patch , just only use this patch 09.

Because of the reader is dead, Now , you need to connect usb to reader, and long press power button, until begins to restore. This operation will reset the reader.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:08 PM   #28
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Anyone an idea?

]
Have you tried a factory reset on your KA1? The manual reset procedure from Kobo's website is copied below in a slightly modified form:
  1. Connect your eReader to a power source by doing one of the following:
    • Turn on your computer and connect the included USB power cord to your computer first, and then your eReader.
    • Plug the wall charger (not included) to a power outlet, and then connect your eReader to the wall charger.
  2. Press and hold the power button until the power light on the top-right corner of your eReader turns off. (Originally mentioned power off screen but if your KA1 is frozen, that may not appear so I recommend holding the power button for 30 seconds).
  3. Release the power button.
  4. Press and hold the power button on your eReader for 30 seconds.
  5. Wait for the Restore screen to appear.
  6. Release the power button. Your eReader screen will turn black and begin the restoring process. After the restoring process finishes, follow the onscreen instructions to set up your eReader. You'll need access to an active Wi Fi or internet connection to complete setup. You can also use the Kobo Desktop app to set up your eReader using your computer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:37 AM   #29
dfgdfga
Nameless Being

DELETED

Last edited by dfgdfga; 02-17-2018 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:36 PM   #30
bettonnotteb
bettonnotteb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra h2o
I really miss a webbrowser. How difficult would it be to compile links, links2, elinks, w3m or lynx? I have no experience with the cross compilation. Any pointers?
bettonnotteb is offline   Reply With Quote