Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-09-2017, 05:05 AM   #1
Qaaya
Qaaya began at the beginning.

Device: None
E-reader with accessibility?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at potentially buying an e-book reader. The only thing I'm really interested in is whether there is an option out there that has page turning functionality that doesn't involve pressing buttons or a touchscreen. Maybe voice controlled or automatic scrolling or something? I guess it's probably something that e-book reader makers don't think about but hopefully I'm wrong!

Thanks very much

Jessica
Qaaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Can't think of any currently, but on older Kindle models that had Text-to-Speech you could turn that on and it would turn the pages as it read. Some folks would turn the sound down and just read that way.

Pretty sure some tablet apps will do the same thing & I know Moon+ Pro has an auto scroll option (although I've never tired it). So perhaps one of those apps on an eInk Android device would accomplish the desired results.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2017, 05:31 AM   #3
Qaaya
Qaaya began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Can't think of any currently, but on older Kindle models that had Text-to-Speech you could turn that on and it would turn the pages as it read. Some folks would turn the sound down and just read that way.

Pretty sure some tablet apps will do the same thing & I know Moon+ Pro has an auto scroll option (although I've never tired it). So perhaps one of those apps on an eInk Android device would accomplish the desired results.
Thanks for the reply. Strangely I have moon+ pro already and it's pretty good. I will probably pick up a cheap small android tablet to run that for when my other half is using the big one.

Cheers!
Qaaya is offline   Reply With Quote