Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 03:05 AM   #1
Gramlin
Gramlin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Best way to set default indent to 0 (Cloud Reader Kindle)

Hi, this is about Kindle Cloud Reader as it displays normal text.

I'd assumed default would be no indent for <p>. The books I've formatted for other devices have worked that way. If I want an indent, I define <p> or some class of it.

But Kindle Cloud reader is displaying my undefined paragraphs as indented and I want to stop it.
Question: What is a good way to tell e-readers to default to no indent, document-wide?

Should I just define a base style for
Code:
p {text-indent: 0em;)
Or perhaps
Code:
body { text-indent: 0em;}
?

Advice very much appreciated.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:31 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Duplicate message. Nothing to see here. Please see...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283428
Advert
Closed Thread