Notices

View Poll Results: New Home Screen vs Old Home Screen
New Home Screen 47 29.38%
Old Home Screen 113 70.63%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #121
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Well I took the survey, wasn't a lot of options there but wherever possible I sent the message of ads being bad, and the lack of customization / dismissing tiles being missed. I also stated that the waste of space wasn't ideal.

Hopefully everyone who got the homescreen also gets a survey.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #122
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Kobo just sent me a survey about the new home screen. I didn't patch to get it so presumably they know who got it and who didn't.
Where did you get the survey, in the email?
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:39 PM   #123
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Where did you get the survey, in the email?
Yes, in my email. And further proof they know who has a new homescreen I actually have two accounts with Kobo. One for my KA1 and one for my H2O (I did this to prevent showing non-downloaded books since it also happened around when I got my KA1). My H2O hasn't been updated, because I don't use it anymore, while I keep my KA1 generally up to date. It was the email tied to the KA1 that got the survey.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:44 AM   #124
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Since I was pretty happy with my Kobo before any of these updates (when I was still on 3.whatever-it-was), I think I'll stop updating it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Where's your sense of adventure?
In my suitcase, where it belongs! I'll get my sense of adventure out again, with the next holiday, not with my reader!

I'm still running 4.0.7523 and happy with it. I'm with the group: if it ain't broken, don't fix it!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #125
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
I did share my opinion of that new home screen with Kobo - I encourage others to do the same! I work in Quality Assurance (not for Kobo, BTW) and nothing is more difficult than a customer that tells you about a problem six months after is started to annoy them.

https://www.kobo.com/help/?style=one...&culture=en-US
Except I can't do that! They don't even offer me a bad web form, they only offer me the chance to phone them. I don't actually have a phone!
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #126
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
Except I can't do that! They don't even offer me a bad web form, they only offer me the chance to phone them. I don't actually have a phone!
The linked page has a large link for "Contact Kobo Customer Care". Clicking that opens a page to select a country. Clicking the country goes to a "bad web form".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #127
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
It may be of interest that I reset my original Kobo Glo today. It updated to the latest firmware, but did not have the new home screen.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #128
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
It may be of interest that I reset my original Kobo Glo today. It updated to the latest firmware, but did not have the new home screen.
OK, I'm game. (It won't break my heart if this has the new screen, since it's largely out of the rotation.) Despite a few syncs, it's never updated past 4.3.8842.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #129
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
AFAIR, up to the 4.4.9298 firmware release, about 20-25% would see the new home screen. 4.4.9298 uses the new home screen.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #130
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
OK, I'm game. (It won't break my heart if this has the new screen, since it's largely out of the rotation.) Despite a few syncs, it's never updated past 4.3.8842.
That sync took me to 4.3.8945. Still the old screen. I'm not willing to play Russian roulette with the devices listed to the left, however.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #131
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
AFAIR, up to the 4.4.9298 firmware release, about 20-25% would see the new home screen.
Even at only 20%, that means there would be an even chance that syncing my three current devices would result in at least one of my them getting the new home screen. Nope! And at 25% new screens, I'd be looking at odds of 60/40 in favor of getting at least one new screen.

Thanks for the percentage; I like knowing what the real risks are.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #132
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Even at only 20%, that means there would be an even chance that syncing my three current devices would result in at least one of my them getting the new home screen. Nope! And at 25% new screens, I'd be looking at odds of 60/40 in favor of getting at least one new screen.

Thanks for the percentage; I like knowing what the real risks are.
Buy a lottery ticket? You're beating the odds . But seriously, somebody has to make up the 40%.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:12 AM   #133
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The linked page has a large link for "Contact Kobo Customer Care". Clicking that opens a page to select a country. Clicking the country goes to a "bad web form".
That bad web form is actually so bad that it doesn't even have a submit button, only a "call us" button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Webform.PNG
Views:	125
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	156617  
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:20 AM   #134
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I just tried again here, and the button I get depends on the problem I select in the drop-down. For some, get mail and chat. For others, just mail. It might also depend on the time of day. The might offer the other choices outside of business hours.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:20 AM   #135
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
I'm not happy about losing OverDrive access; that was a convenience I valued.
Another thread said we did not lose OverDrive, I'm confused - still on old version and not sure about the new.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home screen, kobo