Notices

Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
ikke
ikke began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
convert pdf (2 columns) to epub

hi to all,

first post here, after reading a lot of threads

I've a big pdf file (13 mb without pictures) where the text is divided into 2 columns. if i upload the pdf to my Sony prs-600 it shows only the first page and is empty for the other 1000 pages. so that's the reason i want to convert with calibre 0.79 . The epub output shows only part of the sentence from column 1 and on the next line the sentence of column 2.

i tried different settings, but no luck

in short

example:

pdf:
Abailard, Pierre. See ABELARD. | promising. Rather, the search has turned to look-
| ing for “logics” in some weaker sense. Heuristic
Abdera, School of. See ABDERITES. | procedures, strategies for discovery, and the like

epub (setting 0.3)

Abailard, Pierre. See ABELARD. promising. Rather, the search has turned to looking for “logics” in some weaker sense. Heuristic Abdera, School of. See ABDERITES. procedures, strategies for discovery, and the like

Last edited by ikke; 07-18-2010 at 05:42 PM.
ikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikke View Post
I've a big pdf file (13 mb without pictures) where the text is divided into 2 columns.
Calibre can't handle multicolumn pdfs now. A new conversion engine is under development that will handle them.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
ikke
ikke began at the beginning.

Device: prs600
thanx

now i know i can stop my effort and wait till the new engine has arrived
ikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Be something if they could get it to work well, as none of the PDF conversion utils ATM handle anything beyond the very basic layouts well...

Tricky problem too depending upon how they go about it as well...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote