Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinio View Post
I've got an error while downloading the plugin
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
Exactly what "gave" you the error? It's clearly a false-positive; but usually, any anti-malware software worth its salt will at least give you the variant of the virus it suspects.

EDIT: Oops, I see what you mean. It's Google Docs itself that give the error message when clicking on the link.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-17-2015 at 08:19 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #62
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovinio View Post
I've got an error while downloading the plugin
Sorry, this file is infected with a virus
That is bizarre! I will try to find out what the issue is.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2015, 01:26 PM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
That is bizarre! I will try to find out what the issue is.
I know at one point Google's email virus "scanner" would flat-out refuse to pass exe files (or even zip files with exes in them) as attachments. There was no scanning involved--only denial by extension. Perhaps they've recently changed their docs "scanner" and made it too sensitive. Didn't your plugin include some binaries?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #64
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup. Google is acting up. If I put the files on my own server, they cannot be downloaded with a very big warning because the file is not downloaded that much. Default action is delete. So, not very helpful. I tried to share it directly from Google Drive and it was blocked and had to be sent for review... So, also not helpful.

I now have changed to links to a dropbox share, see how long that will work...
Old 11-17-2015, 03:40 PM   #65
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Toxaris - if dropbox doesn't work out try [WikiP] MediaFire, I've had files up there since as far back as 2006, including Windows and Solaris executable (and even OS2). They don't have a walled-garden, nanny-state mentality, probably because they started by targeting the large corporate and government sector. They added the consumer bling later.

They have client software, I don't bother using it as I find Web interface adequate.

A free account gives you 10G.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2015, 02:18 PM   #66
David Kudler
Enthusiast
David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
I just upgraded to Sigil 0.9.0 for Mac (OS X 10.11.1, running with bundled Python turned on and ActiveState TCL 8.6.4.1 installed) and installed this plugin. I've been playing around with a number of plugins, including this one. I'm excited not to have to optimize all of the images by hand before importing them!

On the first run, however, it gave me this error in the Plugin Runner window:
Code:
Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in
Any thoughts?
David Kudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #67
Toxaris
Wizard

The other plugins do work as expected? It works as designed on my Windows machine. Unfortunately I cannot check it on OSX myself...
Old 11-19-2015, 05:40 PM   #68
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
That error means something is messed up with your plugin setup. Do other plugins work? Do you have more than one copy of Sigil.app installed. If so they will be sharing the Sigil.ini file. Have you checked the UseBundledPythin checkbox under Manage Plugins? You might want to try backing up and removing your ini file.

KevinH,

ps: I will download and install this plugin to verify its operation on MacOSX. At one time I had it working just fine.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kudler View Post
I just upgraded to Sigil 0.9.0 for Mac (OS X 10.11.1, running with bundled Python turned on and ActiveState TCL 8.6.4.1 installed) and installed this plugin. I've been playing around with a number of plugins, including this one. I'm excited not to have to optimize all of the images by hand before importing them!

On the first run, however, it gave me this error in the Plugin Runner window:
Code:
Launcher: missing or incorrect paths passed in
Any thoughts?
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #69
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi Toxaris,

I tried your plugin with the Bundled Python 3.4 on Mac OS X and received the following error:

Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/kbhend/repo/build/bin/Sigil.app/Contents/plugin_launchers/python/launcher.py", line 135, in launch
    self.exitcode = target_script.run(container)
  File "/Users/kbhend/Library/Application Support/sigil-ebook/sigil/plugins/ePUBOptimizer/plugin.py", line 62, in run
    os.chmod("./osx/gifsicle",0o777)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './osx/gifsicle'
Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: './osx/gifsicle'
So it appears under Python 3, the cwd is not automatically set to the plugin's location making the relative path used in os.chmod fail.

Here is the very slight change I made and your plugin ran successfully on Mac OS X after this change.

Code:
--- plugin.py.orig	2015-11-20 09:47:07.000000000 -0500
+++ plugin.py	2015-11-20 09:52:59.000000000 -0500
@@ -59,9 +59,9 @@

# ensure excution rights OSX
     if isosx:
-        os.chmod("./osx/gifsicle",0o777)
-        os.chmod("./osx/optipng",0o777)
-        os.chmod("./osx/jpegtran",0o777)
+        os.chmod(os.path.join(SCRIPT_DIR,"osx","gifsicle"),0o744)
+        os.chmod(os.path.join(SCRIPT_DIR,"osx","optipng"),0o744)
+        os.chmod(os.path.join(SCRIPT_DIR,"osx","jpegtran"),0o744)

# create temp folder
     temp_dir = tempfile.mkdtemp()
So when you do your next update, would you please include this change.

Thank you!

KevinH
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #70
Toxaris
Wizard

Thanks Kevin! I have updated the plugin.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:22 PM   #71
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Download of the zip from google docs works fine for me

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	143948

The last several posts seem like a storm in a teaspoon, or much ado about sfa to me.

BR
Old 11-21-2015, 02:27 AM   #72
Toxaris
Wizard

Can we keep the discussion about RAR in relation with plugins somewhere else?

Anyway, the latest version is now hosted on Mediafire. I am a bit fed up with the Google issues the last couple of months. Sometimes it works, but not always and I do not have much ability to do something about it.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:34 PM   #73
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@Toxaris, given that a Sigil plugin requires Sigil, and Sigil users seeking plugins will come to MobileRead anyway, why not avail yourself of MobileRead's attachments feature?

At least for the Sigil plugin; for your other tools which don't have any relation to Sigil or any other application with a MobileRead support forum, it is of course quite reasonable to host them independently.

It would easily render this problem moot, as well as perhaps offer a slightly shorter route to using the tool, if someone is discovering it from MobileRead anyway...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:53 AM   #74
Toxaris
Wizard

I know, but I like to keep my files at a central place, so that when there is an update, I don't have to update it on multiple locations.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:27 AM   #75
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

IIRC Mobileread doesn't play nicely with download manager/accelerators, well mine at least.

BR