Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 02:50 PM   #136
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
But that means I have to go to an actual store! Horrors!

Seriously, thanks--I didn't think about being able to see them in person. Best Buy and Target are a little out of my way, but my local Staples has both, and I need to go there anyway this week.
I'd be interested to know if you discern a noticeable difference in screen clarity between the Fire HD8 and HD10. I've been a bit disappointed in my HD8's screen when compared to the HD6 I used previously.

Right now I'm seriously considering the 10" at $99.99, but I have about a week to talk myself out of buying it.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #137
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
They are. Most of the items in these ads are available online, though quantities are limited just like they are at the stores. Just keep in mind that instead of competing with 100+ people standing in line at a store, you're competing with thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people across the country sitting in front of their computers waiting for the clock to go tick tock.

Sometimes online doorbusters sell out in a matter of seconds or a few hours. So it pays to stay up until midnight to get something you really want. Waiting until you wake up in the morning will have you reaching for that bottle of Jack Daniel's instead of that cup of coffee when you realize that your precious item is already sold out.
Last year, Best Buy added additional inventory on line through out Thursday and Friday. So, it's worth checking back later even if the first wave is sold out.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:40 PM   #138
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Microsoft Black Friday --> ad scan

Black Friday Sale.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-15-2017 at 01:57 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #139
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The main advantage I see for the Fire 10 is the screen resolution, and the hands-free Alexa availability. That would be my one reason for getting the 10, if i was to get it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:20 PM   #140
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sam's Club Black Friday --> ad scan

Black Friday.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-19-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:42 PM   #141
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Black Friday --> ad scan
  • Deals Week -- Fri 17 Nov @ 12:01 AM PT ~ Fri 24 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
  • Alexa Voice -- We 22 Nov @ 5:00 PM PT
  • Black Friday -- Th 23 Nov @ 12:01 AM PT ~ Mo 27 Nov @ 11:59 PM PT
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Amazon Black Friday Deals Sneak Peek!
    NOVEMBER 14, 2017

Amazon's 2017 Black Friday plans have been announced!

Starting at 12AM PT on Thanksgiving and continuing through Cyber Monday, Amazon will run their biggest deals, and on Black Friday, expect to see over 30 Deals of the Day and thousands of Lightning Deals. Sales will run across 30 categories, including toys, electronics, sporting equipment and apparel. Before Thanksgiving, you can still shop tons of Deals of the Day and Lightning Deals today until Black Friday with Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday sales.

article continues...
    Quote:
    Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Sneak Peek is Here

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 14, 2017-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon is offering a sneak peek of its plans for Black Friday and, with deals across 30 categories, there is something for everyone this holiday. Now through Black Friday, customers will find deals on items including toys, electronics, fashion, beauty, kitchen, sporting goods, and more, in addition to Amazon Devices and products from small businesses and entrepreneurs, at amazon.com/blackfriday. Customers can expect to find incredible deals across a wide selection of top holiday products throughout the duration of the “Turkey 5” – those five popular shopping days starting at midnight PT on Thanksgiving and continuing through Cyber Monday. Black Friday will feature more than 30 Deals of the Day and thousands of Lightning Deals. Customers will find new deals every day, all season long.

Discover all of the great Amazon Black Friday deals at amazon.com/blackfriday or shop anytime, anywhere with the Amazon App (to download, visit amazon.com/mobileapps from your mobile browser). Customers shopping with the Amazon App can also set Watch a Deal alerts to ensure they never miss out on a hot holiday product, and even use AR view, a new augmented reality feature, to view thousands of items in their space before they buy. Voice Shoppers can shop select Black Friday deals, starting as early as 5pm PT, Wednesday, Nov. 22 – just ask Alexa.

All Amazon customers can choose from more than one hundred million items that are eligible for free shipping this holiday and all year long. This includes eligible orders of $25 or more shipped by Amazon, as well as free shipping offers from small business and entrepreneurs selling on Amazon.

The deals included below will be available on various dates and times between Nov. 17 and Nov. 24 (Black Friday), while supplies last, at amazon.com/blackfriday or on the Amazon App.
    Quote:
    Voice Shop to Get Early Access to Deals: Customers who voice shop with Alexa will get an exclusive shopping window several hours earlier than the general public with access to some of the best deals starting at 5pm PT, Wednesday, Nov. 22. Available on the Amazon Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Dot and Amazon Tap, as well as screened devices such as the all-new Amazon Fire TV, all-new Fire HD 10 Tablet, Echo Show and soon to be released Echo Spot, it’s as simple as asking Alexa. Customers can voice shop with Alexa for tens of millions of Prime-eligible items every day of the year. Changed your mind? No problem, any physical product purchased with your voice is eligible for free returns. Customers must be Prime members with default payment and shipping information. To learn more, visit amazon.com/voiceshopping.
  • Discount Programs -- save additional money by using these offers
Quote:
The deals included below will be available on various dates and times between Nov. 17 and Nov. 24 (Black Friday), while supplies last, at amazon.com/blackfriday or on the Amazon App.
Tablets
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • $100 -- Fire HD 10
    • $50 ---- Fire HD 8
    • $90 ---- Fire HD 8 Kids Edition ($170/2-pk)
    • $70 ---- Fire 7 Kids Edition ($130/2-pk)
eReaders
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • $90 -- Kindle Paperwhite
    • $50 -- Kindle
    • $70 -- Kindle for Kids Bundle
Media Players
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • $120 -- Echo Plus
    • $80 ---- Echo 2
    • $80 ---- Amazon Tap
    • $30 ---- Echo Dot

• $25 ---- Fire TV Stick --> w/ Alexa Voice Remote
Accessories
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • $100 -- Amazon Cloud Cam
    • $5 ----- Smart Plug --> add to any Echo purchase for only $5

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-19-2017 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:30 AM   #142
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Dell Small Business has started their Black Friday sale. It runs from now until 25 Nov @ 8 AM ET. Most of the items in their ad are doorbusters that won't start until 23 Nov.

See this post for further information.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #143
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

HP Black Friday --> ad scan

Black Friday Sale.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-15-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #144
shalero
shalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Smile Onyx Boox Dealzzz

See the Black Friday section, I'm in the wrong place...

Last edited by shalero; 11-16-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: wrong place to post it (!)
shalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #145
shalero
shalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheeseshalero can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hi all,
It seems that the Brits took advance for the Black Friday, you can find bargains these days on four Onyx Boox Readers :
https://www.onedigitals.co.uk/catalo...t/?q=boox&cat=

There is a 5£ coupon code you can grab by just register to the newsletter, but it's only valid if your order is above 100£. So I was able to have the Carta2+ model with a SDHC MicroSD for just 106£, including delivery.
shalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:01 PM   #146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalero View Post
See the Black Friday section, I'm in the wrong place...
This is the correct place to post it
Old 11-17-2017, 04:04 AM   #147
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon has started their Black Friday Deals Week --- see this post for details.

Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Sneak Peek is Here
Quote:

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-18-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:41 PM   #148
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'd be interested to know if you discern a noticeable difference in screen clarity between the Fire HD8 and HD10. I've been a bit disappointed in my HD8's screen when compared to the HD6 I used previously.

Right now I'm seriously considering the 10" at $99.99, but I have about a week to talk myself out of buying it.
I looked at the 8-inch and 10-inch at Staples today. It was almost impossible to compare screen resolution because the store had the 10-inch set on a demo mode that just kept rolling along demo-ing, so I couldn't view the same image or video on each device at the same time. So I just don't know. However, I decided that the 10-inch was too heavy and too big to hold comfortably. Unless I talk myself out of it again, I'll go with the 8-inch--it seems like enough of an upgrade, and the price is good.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #149
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
This link takes me to Black Friday ads.

https://www.bing.com/shop/adscan?q=b...t.mc_id=ML15X6
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:57 PM   #150
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I Need a HP Printer ... mine crashed today
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote