Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
Norbi24
Connoisseur
Norbi24 doesn't litterNorbi24 doesn't litter

Device: Tolino Vision HD4, BOOX Poke2
Highlighting on BOOX Poke2

I am using KOReader 2020.07.01 on Boox Poke2 and am very happy with its performance. The only thing I noticed is that if I start marking some text with to goal to make a bookmark out of it, the marked text is almost unreadable.
Then I changed the settings for Highlighting from Lighten to Invert, and this improved only how the final bookmark looks like (inverted, looks perfectly good), but this doesn't influence marking of the text.

You can see in the attached image - in the upper part there is a text being marked, prior to adding it as a note. Below, there is a text marked before added as note - looks good, while the currently being marked looks bad ...

What I'd wish is that also the text being marked shows up as Invert if configured so in Highlighting settings, or can this be configured somewhere also ?

Thanks, Norbert
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MarkingOnPoke2.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	181140  
Norbi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #2
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Do you have application optimization contrast enabled?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qCJ...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by cellaris; 08-05-2020 at 11:28 AM.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #3
Norbi24
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
Do you have application optimization contrast enabled?
I think you mean the White Apps Background, right ?
Yes, I tried it with activated and disabled, but no change.
But based on your input and also have seen, that I had se the Global Contrast to 100 (maximum) which caused the marked text be unreadable, now I decreased it to 50 and it looks the same as on your picture.
Gracias !
Old 08-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have it at 0% in Apps that have their own contrast control (KOReader, AlReaderX, CoolReader...). I only use the Onyx system contrast in Apps like Amazon Kindle, PocketBook Reader, Google Play Books...
Old 08-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #5
Norbi24
Connoisseur

Quote:
I have it at 0% in Apps that have their own contrast control (KOReader, AlReaderX, CoolReader...). I only use the Onyx system contrast in Apps like Amazon Kindle, PocketBook Reader, Google Play Books...
Ok, but how you selectively change it per application, it looks to be a global setting, not ? And does KOReader have somewhere any contrast settings ?
Advert
Old 08-05-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
cellaris
Addict

The contrast is regulated for each App if you don't have "Use System Contrast" marked.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qHd...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qLY...w?usp=drivesdk
Old 08-06-2020, 02:33 AM   #7
Norbi24
Connoisseur

Quote:
The contrast is regulated for each App if you don't have "Use System Contrast" marked.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qHd...w?usp=drivesdk
Hola Cellaris, but how do you come to this screen ? I can't find it in Koreader (:-)
Old 08-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #8
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbi24 View Post
Hola Cellaris, but how do you come to this screen ? I can't find it in Koreader (:-)
Probably somewhere in the navigation ball. That screen is not part of KOReader
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:20 AM   #9
Norbi24
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Probably somewhere in the navigation ball. That screen is not part of KOReader
Yes, my bad, in the Poke2's nav Ball there is the Whiten Apps Background checkbox, and on its left there is another settings icon ... and there all those contrast settings can be done

to both of you
Old 08-08-2020, 10:21 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I just got an Onyx Boox Note 2, that seems to be running KOReader just fine, including highlighting. I am very new to the Boox features, and not up on how they might work with KOReader's features. I have the nav ball turned off, while KOReader is running.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote