Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-31-2020, 10:40 PM   #1
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Kobo main UI landscape orientation

Hi,
I was wondering if it was possible to rotate the screen in landscape mode in the main UI of my Kobo Libra (not just when reading books). I like doing this when I'm in Plato and KOReader, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be possible in Nickel.
Have you an idea?

Thanks!
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:07 AM   #2
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can do the following;

Edit Kobo eReader.conf found /.kobo/Kobo with a text editor and add the code [DeveloperSettings] ForceAllowLandscape=true

Save and restart the Kobo
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2020, 05:58 AM   #3
elpistola
elpistola began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra h20
I was looking for a way to do this too, and the instructions from @stiivo worked - thank you
elpistola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #4
stiivo
Enthusiast
stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.stiivo has met Morla.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Furthermore, (this needs developer settings to be enabled) once you have set the orientation to landscape from the home screen, you can go to the dev settings section and chose to invert landscape.
stiivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 12:41 PM   #5
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@stiivo
Thanks a lot! I'll test it right away.

EDIT: It works! And very well! Thanks again!

Last edited by NiMa; 08-02-2020 at 12:44 PM.
Advert
Old 08-04-2020, 02:57 PM   #6
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiivo View Post
Furthermore, (this needs developer settings to be enabled) once you have set the orientation to landscape from the home screen, you can go to the dev settings section and chose to invert landscape.
This will be available as part of NickelMenu in the next version.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #7
Elektron
Banned
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
HELLP!!!!!

I did this in H2O2 and it's not touch sensitive anymore! HELP!!
And apparently it doesn't stay in landscape when I restart...
And it turned off screensaver...
And it turned off nightmode. Is there a fix?

Last edited by Elektron; 08-05-2020 at 12:59 PM.
Elektron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:09 AM   #8
dem1980fr
Enthusiast
dem1980fr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
I have no problem with Libra H2O.
I have done it last week.
Do you have a copy of your /.kobo/Kobo before you change it ?
dem1980fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:45 PM   #9
NiMa
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektron View Post
I did this in H2O2 and it's not touch sensitive anymore! HELP!!
And apparently it doesn't stay in landscape when I restart...
And it turned off screensaver...
And it turned off nightmode. Is there a fix?
Hi Elektron,
Sorry for my late reply.
Yes, you could try a light reset, and if it doesn't work , a hard factory reset (search on the Web for your Kobo, there must be a combination of physical buttons to press without having to touch the screen. I think it's: turn it off hard (press power button constantly until it shuts off), then press the button for 30 seconds and a "Restoring" screen should appear.
Since this was just a software hack there shouldn't be any problems with touch after the reset.
Warning: be careful doing that and ensure that your Kobo is charged at a reasonable point, otherwise the process might break and the Kobo left in an unusable state. To fix this, you'd have to take apart the device and restore the SD image on the SD card manually.

Good luck!