Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #16
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey Everyone,

Sorry about that email bounce, had to toggle a setting on our side.

Please try reaching out again so we can schedule some calls!

As far as the feedback communication channel, the forum is not the proper way to capture clear user requirements from a product development standpoint. Also phone calls and face to face is the best way in my opinion.

I hear you on the app stability, if that is priority #1, let me hear it!

Please be patient with us. Our goal is to establish that same communication you had with the previous owner and I'm here to talk to with you.

Alex
I suspect the number 1 feedback you will get from the iOS CC users is release an iOS version that is stable and back to where we were before, then worry about new features. Releasing such a version in a timely manner (the current broken version was released 4 months ago and the fix was promised by Christmas) will go a long, long way in restoring my faith in the product.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #17
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Please try again!
Sent. No bounce so far.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2020, 03:11 PM   #18
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I suspect the number 1 feedback you will get from the iOS CC users is release an iOS version that is stable and back to where we were before, then worry about new features. Releasing such a version in a timely manner (the current broken version was released 4 months ago and the fix was promised by Christmas) will go a long, long way in restoring my faith in the product.
Ditto
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:15 PM   #19
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
This will be my only post in this thread.
The general consensus, from looking over all threads for the last 3 months, is that we don't need or want product development, or to pay again for what we already paid for.
I get the feeling that you waltzed into this job without even reading those threads ?

1. For IOS, just fix what you broke in the last iOS update, there are lists galore both here and on your own Trello page so " I am new, please tell me all over again " does not cut it.

2. For Android, fix Dropbox authentication then leave the app alone. The rest of it is built and paid for, and does what it was designed to do, so forget all about monetising it, or turning it into a cash cow. These cows are not for milking.

I have no idea what " user centric " means to you - if it means months of ignoring all posts which are asking for help and fixes, and leaving your users running around in circles looking for help then congrats. Your team have already acnheved mastery in that dept.

There is no love, and no longer a community. They mostly left months ago when the help stopped flowing. Any remaining love was wiped out by the sept 2018 iOS "update" and the subsequent failure to issue even a single hot fix for what you guys broke back then.

Again, basic due diligence when taking over a product. Go study what happened and read all that has been posted about it before asking for repeat wish lists.

FYI,The previous developer demonstrated how well the forum could be run and used it effectively. If you don't want to operate that, then farewell, you will not be having a private dialogue with me or getting my email address or phone number.

Please pull the plug on your way out, if you've decided the forum is not fit for purpose.

Now, I promised a mod that I would butt out of this forum, unless there were new events. So this is me, butting out.
Bye.

Last edited by stumped; 02-09-2020 at 03:18 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 04:47 PM   #20
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Sent. No bounce so far.
Sent you a follow up email!
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #21
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I'd like to add that if you want to see an example of developers and users interacting on these forums, just look through the Sigil sub forum.

Yes there have been some issues with feature removal / replacement and resistance from users (read the myriad threads on Book View / Page Edit) but overall the development approach there might well offer you some suggestions.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #22
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
This is a community. How hard is it to have a conversation here with what users want so that other users can add to the dialogue?

Y'all have a very very tough act to follow here. And clearly you aren't following... making your own path instead.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:34 AM   #23
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
To Alex, here's my personal feedback (no private conversations required) I won't care if you never add a single new CC feature as long as you keep the Android version running as-is on newer versions of Android (Google permitting).
This for me as well. I love Calibre Companion for Android and use it every day.

I love that I update the read date in Calibre on my PC and it only syncs one way as I am a big rereader and want my "Date Read" custom column to reflect the date I finished the book the first time. I feel that way about all of the data actually. I only want it to sync from my PC to my devices. (I realize I may be in the minority on that, but this is what makes the app useful to me).

I love all of the existing sorting options.

Calibre Companion is close to the perfect app as it is.

Please don't break it!

Last edited by library addict; 02-10-2020 at 12:40 AM.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:00 AM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Yep. Give me back an app that works like what I had did before the horrible first update you guys did and I'll be happy.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #25
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
One additional suggestion. Show your face here on a regular basis; ideally at least daily.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #26
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yep. Give me back an app that works like what I had did before the horrible first update you guys did and I'll be happy.
Working on that now!
Old 02-11-2020, 10:31 PM   #27
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
One additional suggestion. Show your face here on a regular basis; ideally at least daily.
Hey Peter,

I know that would be optimal but also not something I can realistically do with my time constraints. I will be as active as I possibly can, and please trust I am reading the forum.

I see the desire to be active on this forum from the users so I will try my best to talk here.

Alex
Old 02-14-2020, 08:59 PM   #28
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I totally agree. Just fix CC. That’s all. We don’t want new features, we just want a working version back.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:59 AM   #29
KnnNike
KnnNike began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
This will be my only post in this thread.
The general consensus, from looking over all threads for the last 3 months, is that we don't need or want product development, or to pay again for what we already paid for.
I get the feeling that you waltzed into this job without even reading those threads ?

1. For IOS, just fix what you broke in the last iOS update, there are lists galore both here and on your own Trello page so " I am new, please tell me all over again " does not cut it.

2. For Android, fix Dropbox authentication then leave the app alone. The rest of it is built and paid for, and does what it was designed to do, so forget all about monetising it, or turning it into a cash cow. These cows are not for milking.

I have no idea what " user centric " means to you - if it means months of ignoring all posts which are asking for help and fixes, and leaving your users running around in circles looking for help then congrats. Your team have already acnheved mastery in that dept.

There is no love, and no longer a community. They mostly left months ago when the help stopped flowing. Any remaining love was wiped out by the sept 2018 iOS "update" and the subsequent failure to issue even a single hot fix for what you guys broke back then.

Again, basic due diligence when taking over a product. Go study what happened and read all that has been posted about it before asking for repeat wish lists.

FYI,The previous developer demonstrated how well the forum could be run and used it effectively. If you don't want to operate that, then farewell, you will not be having a private dialogue with me or getting my email address or phone number.

Please pull the plug on your way out, if you've decided the forum is not fit for purpose.

Now, I promised a mod that I would butt out of this forum, unless there were new events. So this is me, butting out.
Bye.
I echo #2, but not just for Dropbox. I'm squarely in the OneDrive/Microsoft camp, and that connection hasn't worked for 6+ months either
KnnNike is offline   Reply With Quote