Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 09:29 AM   #91
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Is coming!

It is already shipped and is on its way from Germany to Belgium, long live the EU, it goes very fast ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-08-06-14-51-33-Private-Customers-Brave.jpG
Views:	176
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	181172

Last edited by issybird; 08-07-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Oversize image. Please read the guidelines.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:32 PM   #92
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Color PB633
Heres a link to some magnified pictures. Got my pocketbook color in today!! Pretty responsive, colors look good not to washed out. Ill post color text pics later of up close

https://scionmessenger.wixsite.com/e...book-color-633

Last edited by scionmessenger; 08-06-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: bad link
scionmessenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #93
scionmessenger
Enthusiast
scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scionmessenger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

heres a video of the dpi color vs black differences

https://youtu.be/BFah4XUi-jE
Old 08-06-2020, 08:43 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scionmessenger View Post
Heres a link to some magnified pictures. Got my pocketbook color in today!! Pretty responsive, colors look good not to washed out. Ill post color text pics later of up close

https://scionmessenger.wixsite.com/e...book-color-633
Would you mind taking a much larger size shot of the full color screen? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 PM   #95
scionmessenger
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would you mind taking a much larger size shot of the full color screen? Thanks.
right click on the picture and say open in new tab, then you can click on the pic and it will open to the full resolution. Making a review video right now
Old 08-06-2020, 09:04 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
right click on the picture and say open in new tab, then you can click on the pic and it will open to the full resolution. Making a review video right now
I had to remove all the rubbish after .jpg in the URL. But I have it full size now. Thanks.

I agree with Nate when he said that the color looks like newspaper print. But at least you can get high-res when not using color and you can mix which is good.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:19 PM   #97
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I agree with Nate when he said that the color looks like newspaper print. But at least you can get high-res when not using color and you can mix which is good.
I'm actually more impressed with the color than I thought I would be. On some of the earlier videos showing eInk color the screens seemed really faded. I think it's definitely good enough for its purpose, charts, color covers, etc.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:12 AM   #98
grant3
grant3 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
wow after 25+ years, eink in colour has finally arrived ....

... but they're still using USB-B connectors :/
grant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 05:15 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant3 View Post

MicroUSB is an advantage. USB-C is a disaster.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:51 AM   #100
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant3 View Post

I only have 1 device with USB-C, and that was a Chromebook. And I returned it.

At the same time, I still have several devices with the older USB connection (mini?) as well as the not quite as old USB connection (micro?).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #101
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
Well my Pocketbook Color arrived just now.

Unboxed, and even without switching it on, the colour is fairly impressive. Crisp, reasonably saturated. The screen "white" is a little greenish-grey, a few shades darker than my Onyx Boox Nova Pro, which sits behind a glass screen. So far, so good.

I shall load up some files and check it out.

Without direct bright sunshine, the screen is quite dark without the frontlight, as others have said. With the frontlight, it sparkles...

Last edited by Crowriver; 08-07-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #102
Crowriver
Groupie
Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowriver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many!
So I loaded some ePubs and some comics.

Initial verdict: it's absolutely fine.

The colour is not as vibrant as an iPad or MacBook Pro screen, but hey. For colour covers, it works well. Once inside an ePub, the contrast and definition are good. You can adjust colour saturation and gamma as well as the usual contrast and brightness, but I didn't bother and reading was fine. I tried a couple of comics, one with full colour artwork throughout. Very good definition, the colours were rendered beautifully. 6" is a bit small for comics lettering, but in two-column mode it was perfectly legible.

Despite my earlier comments about the relative darkness of the screen compared to my Onyx Boox, I have switched the frontlight off and it is eminently usable in slightly overcast daylight.

Overall, on this early evidence it seems a good device.

Last edited by Crowriver; 08-07-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Crowriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:03 PM   #103
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
heres a video of the dpi color vs black differences

https://youtu.be/BFah4XUi-jE
The color looks almost like needlepoint.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #104
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowriver View Post
So I loaded some ePubs and some comics.

Initial verdict: it's absolutely fine. ...
Very good definition, the colours were rendered beautifully. 6" is a bit small for comics lettering, but in two-column mode it was perfectly legible....
Overall, on this early evidence it seems a good device.
Same here and a keep for me UNTIL a 8/9/10 inchs and waterproof one.
BTW, good price, only 40 euros more than my other PocketBook, Touch HD 3 Spicy Copper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200807-124921.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	181170

Last edited by issybird; 08-07-2020 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Oversize image. Please read the guidelines.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #105
scionmessenger
Enthusiast

Hey all, I got my review almodt done. Its about 30 minutes. Gotta do some editing but my internet is out right now, so hopefully tonight!