Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #1
totaltech
totaltech began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Transferring to Kindle Oasis 2020

I have a kindle Oasis that I just got as a birthday gift and it has 32gb. I have a pretty large library I've collected over the years of using calibre and I've always only loaded a few books here and there. My library has an entire section of shorts ie. Short stories that are quick reads but when I went to do a test I found that the kindle has a 2k book limit when transferring to it. I've seen some say they have libraries above this limit.
1. how are you able to transfer more than the 2k limit onto your kindle?
2. have you found that having so many books on your kindle slows it down?

Thank you in advanced
totaltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:23 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltech View Post
I have a kindle Oasis that I just got as a birthday gift and it has 32gb. I have a pretty large library I've collected over the years of using calibre and I've always only loaded a few books here and there. My library has an entire section of shorts ie. Short stories that are quick reads but when I went to do a test I found that the kindle has a 2k book limit when transferring to it. I've seen some say they have libraries above this limit.
1. how are you able to transfer more than the 2k limit onto your kindle?
2. have you found that having so many books on your kindle slows it down?

Thank you in advanced
You might want to check HarryT's Tips for loading a large library onto a KO2 thread in the Amazon Kindle forum. A few years old but nothing seems to have changed that would invalidate his advice.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 06:44 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
There is no limit. I have more than 3,000 books on my 32GB Oasis. Transferred in batches, as instructed in HarryT's post.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:31 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem with the Kindle and that many eBooks is there is NO organization other then manually creating collections and manually selecting the eBooks for each collection.

So when you load in that many eBooks, finding what you want is going to be a real hassle. So my suggestion is for you not to load so many eBooks. It will just be a mess.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:41 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem with the Kindle and that many eBooks is there is NO organization other then manually creating collections and manually selecting the eBooks for each collection.

So when you load in that many eBooks, finding what you want is going to be a real hassle. So my suggestion is for you not to load so many eBooks. It will just be a mess.
That's what the catalog and the search are for. I have no problems finding any book I want on my Oasis (no collections at all).
Old 08-05-2020, 11:48 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's what the catalog and the search are for. I have no problems finding any book I want on my Oasis (no collections at all).
But to search, you have to remember what it is you are looking for. I don't see anyone remembering all the titles/authors of over 2000 eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But to search, you have to remember what it is you are looking for. I don't see anyone remembering all the titles/authors of over 2000 eBooks.
That's what the catalog is for.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:19 PM   #8
totaltech
totaltech began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
That's what the catalog is for.
Thank you all for the input reading HarryT post now. And also Editing/creating a catalog as advised
totaltech is offline   Reply With Quote