Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-04-2020, 02:10 PM   #16
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember these changes in calibre will only happen after you connect your Kobo, and will only reflect the status of books currently on the Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I don't suspect it would be the first instinct of most. And I gave the exact file name. If I do what I would think most users would do, use 'Search this forum' and search for 'better hyphenation dictionary' the results aren't so friendly (expire search URL removed).

Same goes for a search of 'Kobo Calibre read status (expired search link removed)'

'You shoulda searched' has the feel of the old RTFM argument that just turns off new people.
You cannot use a search link as it expires and becomes invalid. I suggest you edit your post to remove your expired search links.

Oh and here is the link to the Better Hyphenation thread. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-04-2020 at 03:15 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:39 PM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I successfully followed DNSB's example from his screenshots. I restared calibre. My Kobo is connected to the laptop/calibre.

But the Finished/Kobo Reading Location / Last Read / Read Percent are all blank. I've scrolled from top to bottom (from book 1 to book 7000) and all these fields in these columns are blank. What am I doing wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Can you post what you have in the Profile tab for the KoboUtilities plugin configuration? Do you get a "Storing reading positions for xxxx books" in the Jobs log when you connect your Kobo?
And does the book you are reading on the device match with a book in the library?

Either post a screenshot of the plugins config dialog or run calibre in debug mode and post the log.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:06 PM   #19
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Can you post what you have in the Profile tab for the KoboUtilities plugin configuration? Do you get a "Storing reading positions for xxxx books" in the Jobs log when you connect your Kobo?
I don't need ratings, so I didn't create a column for ratings.
No, there isn't anything about "storing reading positions" when the Kobo is connected.
UPDATE: Gonna re-upload. one moment please

Update 2: It's now working. In profile, I forgot to change "Device this profile is for." from "-blank-" to "*any device". it now worked. Thanks.

Now I can remove all these Finished books easily from Calibre.

Last edited by droopy; 08-04-2020 at 09:14 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:11 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I don't need ratings, so I didn't create a column for ratings.
No, there isn't anything about "storing reading positions" when the Kobo is connected.
Looking at your screenshot, I would suggest changing the Device this profile is for: to read *Any Device. Currently it is blank.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:17 PM   #21
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After I sync and see the books that are Finished in the Finished column, and then I later remove them from my Kobo Forma, will Calibre remember that these books are finished, even after they are now removed from my Kobo?

Or should I create a tag like "status.finished" to make it permanent?
Old 08-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #22
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Looking at your screenshot, I would suggest changing the Device this profile is for: to read *Any Device. Currently it is blank.
You're fast DNSB! Thanks for your speedy response.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:14 PM   #23
Rabbit
Rabbit began at the beginning.

Device: Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember these changes in calibre will only happen after you connect your Kobo, and will only reflect the status of books currently on the Kobo.
Hey - just trying to figure this out. How do I get Calibre to update books to finished on the Kobo? My device is tempermental and is constantly starting itself fresh for no reason, with all my books but no read data. I just want my finished books to show as finished. All working in Calibre library but it won't send the data to change the books to finished on the device. Any help appreciated.
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 12:43 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Hey - just trying to figure this out. How do I get Calibre to update books to finished on the Kobo? My device is tempermental and is constantly starting itself fresh for no reason, with all my books but no read data. I just want my finished books to show as finished. All working in Calibre library but it won't send the data to change the books to finished on the device. Any help appreciated.
Use have to use The Kobo Utilities plugin. Go to the thread in the plugin forum for Kobo Utilities to see the custom columns you need to setup.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote