Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 07:18 AM   #1
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Cover by Draino

I've bought several aftermarket covers for my various readers over the years. I like having options, and the reader manufacturers don't seem to put much effort into covers.

Usually this has been a good experience, but I just got a cover for my Clara HD that drained the battery with astounding speed. My guess is that the magnet intended to trigger the sleep function is the problem. Those things have to be positioned perfectly. A bit to one side, or a cover that doesn't close all the way, and your battery goes berserk. Is the reader constantly cycling between being on and then off, and then on again?

It's too bad, because it's a very handsome cover. I think I will try to flatten it by stacking several heavy antique paper books on it for a while. (After removing the ereader, of course.) Maybe that will help.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Please post a link tot he cover that you are having problems with.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
...the reader manufacturers don't seem to put much effort into covers.
I don't disagree. But I do really like the Nia covers. And they are reasonably priced. If I bought a Nia, I'd buy the official cover over my usual third party ones.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I have a Kwimoble cover that works very well. But it's a slim cover with no stand.

This is the one I have for my H2O.

https://www.amazon.com/kwmobile-Case.../dp/B01HETZITW
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:36 PM   #6
JAC70
JAC70 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B081JN4GPM/

Got this one for my Libra H20. Pretty happy with it.
JAC70 is offline   Reply With Quote