Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-11-2020, 05:09 AM   #196
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilweran View Post
I've been using mine as my main ereader since I got it. With the frontlight on it's fine, not as nice as the Voyage for just text, obviously, but I've been reading some books with colour illustrations and it is nice to see them in colour, I have to admit it does make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
May I ask which books, or what sort of books? For my needs anything that has colour illustrations is usually only readable on a bigger device as it tends to be technical material.
I have a few non fiction books with colored photo or images. I searched them in my library and I downloaded them into the PB633 Color immediately. For that books the PB color is better.

But the vast majority of my non fiction books have no images or have them in black and white.

And I found a colored comics science fiction series I like so I am reading it on the PB. I buy it from Kobo, but also if the Kobo Aura One has a larger screen I prefer to read it on the PB color.

While my first ereder remains the Kobo Aura One I use the PB Color mainly for:

1. the books with colored images
2. as portable ereder because is lighter and smaller than my PW3
3. audiobooks
4. comics

The 3 is something I had not foreseen, after buying the PB Color the ophthalmologist advised me to rest my eyes, so I started listening to the audio books (You don't buy the first color ereder on the market for audiobooks ), even if I should do it more.

And the 4 is an attempt: I like science fiction, I also like comics but so far I had read them on the ereader only occasionally, to try how they were on the Kobo Aura One.

Last edited by ps67; 10-11-2020 at 05:27 AM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #197
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's not the first color ereader.
It might be the first with that exact screen.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 09:57 AM   #198
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch, kobo mini, Icarus Xl, Likebook Mars, Kobo Forma, Pocketboo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I did find the PB633 Color if I search for color on the site you linked but singularly uninformative since no firmware, manual or release notes links associated it it. I seem to remember having found a bit more information but the link I used is now 404ed.
It now has firmware and manual associated with it. I updated with the firmware, don't see any difference so maybe have merely replaced original software with the same thing, anyone know if there was any change?
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:42 PM   #199
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
It now has firmware and manual associated with it. I updated with the firmware, don't see any difference so maybe have merely replaced original software with the same thing, anyone know if there was any change?
When it arrived, in the the same day of the arrival, it asked to me if I wanted to update the firmware but I did not use it before doing the update so I don't really now what is changed. The site shows only the 633.6.1.488 but the device has the firmware 633.6.1.593 and just now is asking me to update to 633.6.1.962 so the site is not so affordable.

Last edited by ps67; 10-22-2020 at 03:44 PM. Reason: edit: inserted the firmware version I have untill now
Old 10-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #200
ernieh
Connoisseur
ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ernieh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
When it arrived, in the the same day of the arrival, it asked to me if I wanted to update the firmware but I did not use it before doing the update so I don't really now what is changed. The site shows only the 633.6.1.488 but the device has the firmware 633.6.1.593 and just now is asking me to update to 633.6.1.962 so the site is not so affordable.
Thanks for the response, certainly seems that if anything I went backwards. For various reasons I will never turn on the WiFi on mine so at least I know how to do the manual update when those later versions you mention become available. Presume the word 'affordable' in your response is an autocorrect problem, do you mean updated?
Anyone else know what changes have been made?
Old 10-23-2020, 09:51 AM   #201
ps67
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
...Presume the word 'affordable' in your response is an autocorrect problem, do you mean updated?
Anyone else know what changes have been made?
Let's say that it was a autocorrect problem... I wanted to say that in the Pocketbook site we should find all firmware or, if they want to do so, the last, but we can find only a casual firmware. And I am used with Kobo and Kindle that show the improvements of new firmware in the device but They don't do it.

I can't'see any visible change among the various firmware.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:00 AM   #202
ernieh
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Let's say that it was a autocorrect problem... I wanted to say that in the Pocketbook site we should find all firmware or, if they want to do so, the last, but we can find only a casual firmware. And I am used with Kobo and Kindle that show the improvements of new firmware in the device but They don't do it.

I can't'see any visible change among the various firmware.
Thanks, that's perfectly clear and I agree