Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #1
spider122
spider122 began at the beginning.

Device: nook glowlight 3
Ereader windows software where you can copy text

I'm looking for a system where I can read my textbooks on an e-ink ereader, but also call up the textbook on a windows machine and copy the text.

Does something like that exist?

Oddly, both the nook and kobo windows apps don't allow you to copy text using their windows app, but there is no problem copying text on the ios app. Not sure why. Does the kindle app allow copying text in the windows app? Or something else?

I need to copy computer code from the text and run it on my windows machine.

Thanks.
spider122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:50 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
For Kobo at least have you tried downloading the Epub version of the book and reading it via Adobe Digital Edition (ADE)? Or after downloading it use the DeDRM plugin for calibre to allow reading the book via calibre?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2022, 12:50 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Calibre ereader works well for ebooks with no DRM. If it's not a library book and you bought it…
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 09:30 AM   #4
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
If you have a kindle you could always try Kindle Mate.

https://kmate.me/
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote