Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Post Casanova, Giacomo: Memoirs. v3 26 Sep 2009.

Giacomo Girolamo Casanova (1725-1798) was a Venetian adventurer and author, who associated with the royalty and other of his time. He also was a famous "womanizer", of which word his name has become synonymous, through antonomasia.

He began writing his (long) memoirs allegedly in 1789, and today they are regarded as one of the most authentic sources of the customs and norms of European social life during the 18th century.

The manuscript was never fully published until 1962, and before that there was a series of partial publications and translations (the original is in French), mostly censored (with the most "sexual" parts removed), and with apocryphal sections. This is the translation published by Arthur Machen in 1894 (Machen died in 1947, so this translation is not public domain everywhere), and it is based in of those inaccurate versions.

I have not proofread this book, and I know it has many mistakes. Diacritics and italics (if any) are missing, and I've found quite a few problems with quote marks. I'm publishing it now because ahi challenged me Of course, from now on, I'd be glad to apply any corrections needed.

EDIT (v2): Fixed a problem which made Calibre fail when converting the book.

EDIT (v3): Updated to support the epub2pdf script.

(previous download count: 49)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Memoirs of Casanova.epub (2.84 MB, 783 views)

Last edited by Jellby; 09-26-2009 at 05:38 AM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
nice to see you rising to the challenge jellby.

thanks for another sure to be gorgeous epub.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kudos!
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I fixed a problem preventing Calibre conversions... it should be fine now. Uploaded v2.

For the record, the problem was as simple as this: In almost every .xhtml file I had:

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:ops=" http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops">
Well, the space in xmlns:ops=" http was the culprit.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I fixed a problem preventing Calibre conversions... it should be fine now. Uploaded v2.

For the record, the problem was as simple as this: In almost every .xhtml file I had:

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns: ops=" http://www.idpf.org/2007/ops">
Well, the space in xmlns: ops=" http was the culprit.
Wow, first time I've seen a necessary work-around for calibre that ADE handled surprising well...

Yeah, that's what bombed on me. Thanks for fixing this catastrophic, but minor glitch!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Just this weekend I was surprised to find this book in a list of the "best 10 books of the year". The list was in a Spanish newspaper, and of course referred to a recently released (October 2009) Spanish translation, two hard-back volumes and 3648 pages for 120€. I've also read a couple of reviews that give a very high rating to the book. This makes me wish the Spanish publisher had released and ebook too, and want to read this book, even if it's the English (and not complete, it seems) translation.

Tags
autobiography, romance