Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Question Glo: Open PDF with KOreader instead of default app?

Glo: How to associate pdf opening with KOreader instead the internal default pdf reader?
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Personally I would just put all my pdfs into a "Hidden" folder and not have the stock software see them at all. (actually I let the stock software see only a few files) A hidden folder is one that the name begins with a dot/period like .PDFs, Koreader can be set to see hidden files. To make a hidden folder, using windows explorer, you just put a dot/period at the beginning of the name and at the end. The one at the end will disappear leaving you with the hidden folder. Any sub-folders, to a hidden folder, will also be hidden from the stock processing.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2016, 12:29 PM   #3
byblo
Traumatized
byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.byblo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: paper, Kobo Glue
Thank you for the tip.

But my goal is to use an library instead of a simple file manager to open my ebooks.

I like the default library system from kobo (is there another library software that track which book was read and finished?), but i wish i could read them with koreader instead of the default (and limited) pdf internal reader.
byblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by byblo View Post
Thank you for the tip.

But my goal is to use an library instead of a simple file manager to open my ebooks.

I like the default library system from kobo (is there another library software that track which book was read and finished?), but i wish i could read them with koreader instead of the default (and limited) pdf internal reader.
Sorry then, while you could use KOReader's File Manager to select a file from those stored for the stock player's use, you can't use the stock Kobo Library to have a file open in KOReader. You could look to the Kobo Developer's Corner forum and perhaps those who make Patches to the stock software could come up with something. A patch to open books selected in the Kobo Library - in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote