Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Missing Forum Icon bugging me

OK, not a major (or even minor) issue, but sometimes my OCD kicks in

The Editor icon is missing !!!!!!!

Happens on both the home and work Win7 PCs

Paul
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	118023  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
It's missing for me, too.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We cannot add it at the moment for technical reasons. We are aware of it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
In the interim, for those who are familiar with user stylesheets, try:

Code:
img[src="https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/misc/f-262.png"] {
   background-image: url("https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/misc/f-235.png") !important;
   display: block !important;
}
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
In the interim, for those who are familiar with user stylesheets, try:
I'm not familiar with user stylesheets, but I googled them. I installed the Stylish add-on for Firefox, created a New style for calibre's forum and added your code. It works just as you suggested it would. The calibre icon for the editor now shows.

For folks reading this it took me a total of 10 minutes from not knowing anything to implementing the given code in a user stylesheet.

Thanks

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-17-2014 at 01:00 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you don't want to install yet-another-plugin, you can put the css into a file called, for Firefox,
$FIREFOX_PROFILE/chrome/userContent.css

On Google Chrome, it will be:
$GOOGLE-CHROME_PROFILE/{For-Windows-ONLY:User Data/}Default/User StyleSheets/custom.css

On Safari, go to Preferences ==> Advanced ==> Style Sheet, because they have a GUI for it.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-17-2014 at 01:39 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #7
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm not familiar with user stylesheets, but I googled them. I installed the Stylish add-on for Firefox, created a New style for calibre's forum and added your code. It works just as you suggested it would. The calibre icon for the editor now shows.

Thanks
You're welcome and glad you found it useful. I would have posted more details, but it was such a minor thing I really didn't think people would be that interested.

I've been using Stylish for years. It's really good for managing user styles.

I have Internet Explorer 11 and the CSS works there as well but it displays the broken image icon over the background image. Not sure if that can be worked around...

Control Panel > Internet Options > General > Accessibility

From there you can enable and browse to your custom CSS file.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #8
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
...I have Internet Explorer 11 and the CSS works there as well but it displays the broken image icon over the background image. Not sure if that can be worked around...
Safari displays the broken image icon over the background image too.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 AM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could use GreaseMonkey/GreaseKit to simply change the link itself using JavaScript. Would fix the broken image.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...cific-id-value

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-17-2014 at 01:47 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 AM   #10
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

This seems to work for IE:
Code:
#f262 > table > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(3) {
    width: 36px !important;
    height: 36px !important;
    background: url("https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/misc/f-235.png") center left no-repeat !important;
}

visibility: hidden !important;
}
It hides the broken image element and places the background image in the table cell.

Not sure how well that will work in Safari, if at all.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 AM   #11
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
This seems to work for IE:
Code:
#f262 > table > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(3) {
    width: 36px !important;
    height: 36px !important;
    background: url("https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/misc/f-235.png") center left no-repeat !important;
}

visibility: hidden !important;
}
It hides the broken image element and places the background image in the table cell.

Not sure how well that will work in Safari, if at all.
Thanks, Jimmy-Jim. That works great for Safari.

((Edit)) for Mac users: I copied that, pasted it into new file in TextEdit, saved with filename "MRuserstylesheet.css", then pointed Safari at that file in Safari > Preferences > Advanced > Style Sheet menu button.

Last edited by unboggling; 01-21-2014 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Prepended MR to filename userstylesheet.css
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:22 AM   #12
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by unboggling View Post
Thanks, Jimmy-Jim. That works great for Safari.
Great! Glad it works.

- -

Here's a quick and dirty script for you Greasemonkeys:
Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name  Calibre Forum Image Fix      
// @description  Fix Calibre Editor Forum Image.
// @include      https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166
// ==/UserScript==

(function() 
{

var
  img = document.evaluate('//img[@src="https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/misc/f-262.png"]', document,null,9,null).singleNodeValue;

img.setAttribute('src','https://www2.mobileread.com/i/mr/misc/f-234.png');

})();