Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #1
PointingMonkey
PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: none
Chesterton, G.K.: The Uncollected Father Brown Stories V1.0 19 Oct 2021

Like Athur Conan Doyle, G. K. Chesterton wrote stories involving Father Brown which were never collected, and are now not considered part of their respective canons.

Unlike Doyle, Chesterton only wrote 2 uncollected Father Brown stories.

"The Donnington Affair", a story written to solve a crime put forward by Sir. Max Pemberton in the October 1914 issue of The Premier. And "The Mask of Midas" written in 1936.

I wasn't able to find hardcopies of either story, but I did correct the spelling errors on both the sources:

The Donnington Affair: https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks13/1301541h.html
The Mask of Midas: https://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks13/1302281h.html

One line I wasn't sure on, but took my best guess was this one:

“What do you mean-reality?”

Chesterton loved a hyphen as much as the next guy. But as I've never seen mean-reality hyphened, I changed it to an em dash. Which seemed more fitting:

“What do you mean—reality?”
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Uncollected Father Brown Stories.epub (1.28 MB, 304 views)
PointingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote