Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #31
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I almost missed the great deal on Sue Grafton's books since the rebate works for Micropay payments as well it's unbelievable!

I had to buy two 100% CC books to get my Micropay balance up to $21. Sadly I missed the fact that 'P is for Peril' is charged at $26.95 so I couldn't get that one, and 'U is for Undertow' which is only available in eReader format.

17 Books for $19.98 is awesome!
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #32
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
This must have been a mistake. I hope nobody gets fired because of this.

Isn't it weird that they are offering books for free from... Macmillan?

Last edited by Andanzas; 02-08-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #33
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anggun View Post
Fictionwise just added a new book by Lora Leigh, Nauti Deceptions and its also on 100% micropay. So better get it fast before the promotion is over.
I noticed that too. I just went in to download all the Lora Leigh ebooks I bought last night and noticed they have the latest Nauti book. It definitely wasn't there yesterday because I was bummed about it. Now I have the entire Nauti series (all 5 books) in both print and ebook. Very exciting!

Weezie
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:29 PM   #34
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
had to buy two 100% CC books to get my Micropay balance up to $21. Sadly I missed the fact that 'P is for Peril' is charged at $26.95 so I couldn't get that one, and 'U is for Undertow' which is only available in eReader format.!
Hmm. That's odd. I pre-ordered U is for Undertow when it first was offered at Fictionwise and got it in mobi format. I wonder why that option is gone now.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #35
grechzoo
Enthusiast
grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grechzoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 or Sony PRS
fictionwise looks great pity it wont work for uk customers

Last edited by grechzoo; 02-09-2010 at 08:41 AM.
grechzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 11:15 AM   #36
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grechzoo View Post
fictionwise looks great pity it wont work for uk customers
I manage. :-)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:41 PM   #37
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I'm sorry I missed this.

The Sue Grafton books are one of the reasons I bought an ebook reader and this would have beena good opportunity to finally get rid of all those Mystery Guild editions!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:33 AM   #38
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeziepepper View Post
I noticed that too. I just went in to download all the Lora Leigh ebooks I bought last night and noticed they have the latest Nauti book. It definitely wasn't there yesterday because I was bummed about it. Now I have the entire Nauti series (all 5 books) in both print and ebook. Very exciting
Are you able to open NautiDeceptions? I (bought) the eReader version and eReader can't open it. I reported it to Fictionwise and they said that they'll have to contact the publisher and get a new copy.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #39
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Are you able to open NautiDeceptions? I (bought) the eReader version and eReader can't open it. I reported it to Fictionwise and they said that they'll have to contact the publisher and get a new copy.
I got it as an epub and it works fine.

I'm such a book hoarder. I don't even like romance, but I couldn't resist free. I *love* ebooks! I can hoard to my heart's content and there is never a mess!

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #40
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I hope fictionwise is going to offer its 15% discount coupon this weekend. So disappointed that there wasn't one last week.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #41
weeziepepper
Enthusiast
weeziepepper began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise-1150, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
I was able to open Nauti Deceptions but bought it in epub. It worked fine for me and now it's on my Astak. I even read it last night. Great book!
Maybe Fictionwise will let you download it in epub instead (as long as that format works for you). Good luck!
weeziepepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #42
chedva
chedva began at the beginning.

Device: sony ebook touch
Hi. I'm a brand new user (got my Sony PRS-600 yesterday!), and I'm confused. Can I read the eReader version of Sue Grafton's new book on my Sony? What do I have to do to use the Fictionwise site? Is this where Calibre comes in?

Sorry for the newbie questions - if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful!
chedva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #43
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chedva View Post
Hi. I'm a brand new user (got my Sony PRS-600 yesterday!), and I'm confused. Can I read the eReader version of Sue Grafton's new book on my Sony? What do I have to do to use the Fictionwise site? Is this where Calibre comes in?

Sorry for the newbie questions - if someone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful!
Sony Readers read ePub and PDF (& LRF and LRX, but no-one sells them anymore).

The eReader format can't be read by Sonys. It is possible to remove the DRM and extract the text from an eReader file, and then convert that into an ePub or LRF that your Sony can read.

But we can't give explicit help on removing DRM. You have to dig up the info youself, perhaps at the Dark Reverser's weblog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote