Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 07-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #46
ancalex
ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150
HtmlEditorTest

I want to share with you the actual state of my "htmleditor" to have some feedbacks on it.
I tried many editors before start my approach and you will see that actually my tries ended up with a CSS editor like interface. The editor is in a very alpha stage so it's full of unfinished parts (and buga i'm shure). It is standalone (for now), you can load an html file for testing the editing phase and you can save the resulting file, maybe to load in ebook publisher to verify how will look the final imp file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HtmlEditorTestSetup.zip (415.8 KB, 952 views)
File Type: zip HtmlEditorTestSource.zip (787.1 KB, 991 views)
ancalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #47
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalex View Post
I want to share with you the actual state of my "htmleditor" to have some feedbacks on it.
I tried many editors before start my approach and you will see that actually my tries ended up with a CSS editor like interface. The editor is in a very alpha stage so it's full of unfinished parts (and buga i'm shure). It is standalone (for now), you can load an html file for testing the editing phase and you can save the resulting file, maybe to load in ebook publisher to verify how will look the final imp file.
I could not try it as setup.exe fails to install on my system as it could not contact the server for authentication???

Can you rebuild the setup to fix this or just provide a standalone .exe?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #48
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I could not try it as setup.exe fails to install on my system as it could not contact the server for authentication???
I did get it to install on another Windows machine. It looks like my Windows Firewall was blocking the launching of the application.

I see how it breaks down all the html tags in a vertical fashion for each parent tag. It's a nice visual, but what operations could exploit/use this?

In python, there is a script called beautifulsoup.py that unravels any .html file into it's basic components and allows en masse substitutions. Is this along the lines what you see for this html editor?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #49
ancalex
ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ancalex has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Hi
I'm aware about the fact that already exists some other programs for html file analizing, what I want to do is a piece of software tailored to edit source files made by ebook publisher.
I used the treeview only to reveal the inside of the html source and the listview in the left I used for css editing. I don't know if you noticed that in the listview if you click on the values column you can edit in place the values, predefined for values used by ebook publisher (after editing click save to see the results.
The bottom part now is used for viewing the selected html node (with syntax highlighting) but will be also used for simple textual html editing.
Also here i want to put (in a tab) the global css properties used in the style tag by ebook publisher with the editing posibility too.
It's interesting why you have this problems with my setup files, i made an offline publishing package with no updates checking, I have to try to made a better approach to make a setup package.
ancalex is offline   Reply With Quote