Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #31
graatch
Enthusiast
graatch began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, iPad 2 (Bluefire Reader); fire hd 10, Windows
Moon+ Reader Pro respects CSS and you can also turn particular functions off, which is important. The options you can disable are: font styles (bold/italic/underline), sizes, colors, alignment, justify, indent, paragraph margin/padding, and others (table/border/float/etc). You can also add justification and indent and such in files that don't have them. I recently requested the developer add a disable line spacing option, which I think is a little harder to do from a development standpoint but he said he'd put in the wish list.
graatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #32
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
I was getting ready to dump some printed books onto the dumpster & decided to see if I could look at the CSS of the epub version of a couple of pbooks that I have.

Both epub ebooks were by the same author & publisher; the 2nd book is one series after the 1st.

Using Calibre, I checked the original CSS style sheets by using the 'edit book' dropdown. The 1st book had a font size of 0.667em & the 2nd epub a 0.92em. Found via google that the 0.667em is about 7.5 point while 0.92em is about 11 point. The 7.5 is unreadable for me & the 11 point is not that great for extended reading.

Both pbooks were hard to read for my eyesight as it does look like the 7 or 7.5 point would be correct. On a tablet, I have set Moon Reader Pro font to either 20 or 22 or 23, depending on which tablet I use; don't think those font sizes are the print point sizes. However, the 'default' MR font size is larger than the 'publisher's' original CSS so that one can read the text, a very good point to not "honor the publisher's CSS".

Do not know if other epub original publisher's CSS are similar or more similar to the printed book CSS(?). Haven't checked any other part of the original CSS as I think it also may be need some changes for my eyesight.

Do wonder what other similarities are the original publisher's CSS to the printed copies of the same book. It does look like that the person(s) or software package just used the test of a printed copy as the epub "publisher's" CSS.

So do "honoring" the publisher's CSS mean the original publisher's CSS or the modified CSS in the epub that one made?
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert