Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 11-25-2019, 03:18 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
The difference between 13.1.0 and 13.1.1 is in handling of CARE DRM for Onleihe books
Okay. Thanks. I read something about that not working but (as far as I know) there are no CARE DRM books in the United States. (Definitely not used at my library.)

I haven't upgraded the Shine 3 yet but I probably will.

EDIT: I tried the new firmware on my Epos. If you use custom fonts and go to the "next" page to get one, you'll not be able to get back to font size and page settings without exiting the book and then reopening it. Otherwise it looked like 13.1.1 would work fine on the Epos. I reverted back to 12.2.0 because of that one issue, however. I note that, in the fonts settings you no longer have the "Cancel" or "Accept" buttons, just the exit (x). (You also don't have the back arrow, but I'm guessing that's a bug and not a new feature.)

Last edited by rcentros; 11-26-2019 at 07:30 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #17
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
EDIT: I tried the new firmware on my Epos. If you use custom fonts and go to the "next" page to get one, you'll not be able to get back to font size and page settings without exiting the book and then reopening it. Otherwise it looked like 13.1.1 would work fine on the Epos. I reverted back to 12.2.0 because of that one issue, however. I note that, in the fonts settings you no longer have the "Cancel" or "Accept" buttons, just the exit (x). (You also don't have the back arrow, but I'm guessing that's a bug and not a new feature.)
I've upgraded my Shine 3 and am seeing exactly the same behaviour.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #18
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I've upgraded my Shine 3 and am seeing exactly the same behaviour.
I notice there is a new 13.2.0 version out for the three new Tolinos. Not sure if I want to try it again until 13.x.x is officially available for the Shine 3 (and others). But I might. If I do I'll report back.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:30 AM   #19
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone on a German forum has installed 13.2.0 on their Shine 3 and it seems to work and fix the issues we experience. So I'll give it a go I guess.
Old 12-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #20
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Just upgraded my Shine 3 to 13.2.0. Works fine, and indeed the font settings bug is gone. Yay!
Old 12-09-2019, 12:56 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Just upgraded my Shine 3 to 13.2.0. Works fine, and indeed the font settings bug is gone. Yay!
Sounds good. I still don't know if I want to "jump the gun."
Old 12-09-2019, 03:14 AM   #22
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
I still don't know if I want to "jump the gun."
Why ?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Why ?
I keep thinking there will something different in the Shine 3 version of 13.2.0 (or whatever version finally comes out for it) then in the Page 2, Epos 2, Vision 5 version. The Shine 3 is my favorite reader, so it probably makes me overly cautious. Besides, everything works well as is, so the need to change isn't that strong. I experimented a bit with the inverse screen (and that didn't really appeal to me) so I don't see a lot that makes me want jump to the next version. Maybe there's some features that I'm missing, however.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shine 3 is very related to Page2, Epos2 and Vision5, he has no back and light button like these ones.
It is the first Kobo developed Tolino reader.
I have opened it, replaced the SD card wirth a 64 GB, opened Android and use Calibre Companion with AlReader, and Kiwix Wikipedia.
And now Im testig a very new firmware developed by Ryogo without Tolino App - this looks very fine.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 12-09-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Went ahead and upgraded the Shine 3 to 13.2.0. Looks fine. Thanks.

EDIT: Dropped back down to 12.2.0. Page turning was "laggy" in the long trilogy I'm currently reading. I do like the dimmer default lighting on 13.2.0, but I'm not sure if it was working correctly on the Shine 3, as dropping down didn't seem to change the light level.

Last edited by rcentros; 12-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:56 AM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
The Shine 3 is my favorite reader, so it probably makes me overly cautious.
I have opened the Reader, removed the SD, made an Image from it with Win32DiskImager, copied it to a 64 GB SD, changed the size of the Tolino Partition with Minitool Partition Wizard, put this into back and opened Android.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #27
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I have opened the Reader, removed the SD, made an Image from it with Win32DiskImager, copied it to a 64 GB SD, changed the size of the Tolino Partition with Minitool Partition Wizard, put this into back and opened Android.
Sounds like you know your way around Android generally and the Tolino specifically. I really just want a reader and I'm happy with the default Tolino firmware.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:14 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Sounds like you know your way around Android generally and the Tolino specifically.
Yes
Quote:
I really just want a reader
Me too
Quote:
and I'm happy with the default Tolino firmware.
Really?
I need a easy working library management for my app 12.000 books.
I want to read in my layout, not in the one created by publishers.
No firmware included in readers can provide this, but a combination of Android apps.
And since the Tolino operating system is Android + Tolino app anyway, it's very easy to extend it with the desired applications.
Old 12-11-2019, 02:28 AM   #29
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Yes
Me too
Really?
I need a easy working library management for my app 12.000 books.
I want to read in my layout, not in the one created by publishers.
No firmware included in readers can provide this, but a combination of Android apps.
And since the Tolino operating system is Android + Tolino app anyway, it's very easy to extend it with the desired applications.
I don't have nearly 12,000 books (maybe 300) and the layout from the publishers is usually fine for me. (I usually change the font, line spacing and margins, but I can do that with the standard firmware and a couple custom fonts.) I appreciate that can and want to customize and enhance your reading experience (and you obviously know how to do it very well) but I'm happy with my Tolino "out of the box." (And the fact that I don't have 12,000 books probably has something to do with this.)
Old 12-12-2019, 05:49 AM   #30
Tuneraider
Connoisseur
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Quote:
Went ahead and upgraded the Shine 3 to 13.2.0. Looks fine. Thanks.

EDIT: Dropped back down to 12.2.0. Page turning was "laggy" in the long trilogy I'm currently reading. I do like the dimmer default lighting on 13.2.0, but I'm not sure if it was working correctly on the Shine 3, as dropping down didn't seem to change the light level.
Do you think there's a bug that's holding the Shine 3 back? I noticed on the bottom of the My Tolino page they've updated everything to 13.2.0 except it and the original Shine. Haven't read any on the Vision since updating, I was hoping they'd let the last font used be the default but not yet.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote