Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #46
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Do not buy "Inkpad" from "TEA"!
TEA closed its doors, and then disappeared from the Web, leaving its clients to stand alone without technical support.
Huh? AFAIK they just changed their name to Vivlio.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 04:11 PM   #47
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate this tablet! I wanted to post a link , but am not able to...

Last edited by Poppaea; 12-01-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:18 PM   #48
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Cyfranek turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
TEA still exists as Vivlio brand (https://www.vivlio.com/en/home/).
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #49
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Doesn't matter, they both have the same software and the differences in hardware are just Bluetooth and HZO with the Pro.

No, but you can install Cool Reader on it, which has the inverted nightmode. Although the Cool Reader can't read DRM'ed books, you'd need to liberate them beforehand. Cool Reader also gives you the ability to read in two columns when you read in landscape, which seems to be nice because the Inkpad 3 has buttons.

Koreader works on it, too, AFAIK.

I can't tell you how easy it is to install either of them as I've never done this, but from what I read, it seems to be easy enough if one is able to follow instructions to the t.
many thanks. sitting on an Oasis/Clara HD/Inkpad 3 fence right now but all should resolve soon.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:54 AM   #50
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
many thanks. sitting on an Oasis/Clara HD/Inkpad 3 fence right now but all should resolve soon.
Hm, three different sizes, concepts and softwares. I am looking forward to hear what you finally bought and how you like it. The Pocketbook took me some getting used to after having had Kobos for the last five years, but it has everything I need, is lightweight and very customizable. It is not as brightly lit as my Aura One was, which still drives me mad, I unconsciously try to maximize the light by swiping all the time when I read, but I guess this will cease over time and I will get used to the light provided.

As for the Clara, I could never go back to a smaller screen anymore. Guys tend to say it is more pocketable, but I do schlepp a giant handback anywhere anyhow, so what's the point for a gal? Otherwise the Clara seems to be great!!! I do love the Kobo software, but if it were me, I'd opt for a Libra or Forma due to screen size. Bigger is better (sorry guys)

And about that Oasis... well, I never had a Kindle in my life. Can't tell you anything about it.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #51
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
I'd second Kobo if you're in the US. Pocketbook really is just the european/russian thing given thats where Oobrey focus on the market. Conversely Kobo is not something that makes much sense buy in europe.
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #52
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Rather than start a new thread as this has drifted it seems a good place to start?

Does anyone's inkpad 3 back case feel loose at bottom centre back where the sd card slot is. It's very creaky and getting annoying. It is an Amazon warehouse item. I already have plenty of ereaders so I'll probably pass it on but it feels too delicate for my Dad.

Also Koreader has black screen with white text, works perfectly fine on all my ereaders including this one. That said I found after Sea Buckthorn I lost functionality such as changing brightness within Koreader and page refreshes stopped working plus huge battery drain unless you completely exit koreader before putted ereader to sleep. So on my inkpad I went for that older version and works perfect so i'm going to roll back my other ereaders.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:57 PM   #53
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
Rather than start a new thread as this has drifted it seems a good place to start?

Does anyone's inkpad 3 back case feel loose at bottom centre back where the sd card slot is. It's very creaky and getting annoying. It is an Amazon warehouse item. I already have plenty of ereaders so I'll probably pass it on but it feels too delicate for my Dad.
I would send it back. Mine is totally tight and I got it as a Warehouse Deal, too. Gotta love Black Friday Or try Pocketbooks CS first. They might exchange it.
Old 12-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #54
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Mine is totally tight and I got it as a Warehouse Deal, too.
at Amazon??? unreal. I didn't even see Inkpads shown as an option... oh, wait, you're in Berlin. sigh. wish I were.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #55
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
at Amazon??? unreal. I didn't even see Inkpads shown as an option... oh, wait, you're in Berlin. sigh. wish I were.
I got mine Amazon UK £93 there was a black one too but that was over £30 more.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #56
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carltonbp View Post
I got mine Amazon UK £93 there was a black one too but that was over £30 more.
I'm in the US and I don't think I'm allowed to shop there...

eta - apparently I am... lol

Last edited by pghaworth; 12-03-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:29 PM   #57
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
TEA still exists as Vivlio brand (https://www.vivlio.com/en/home/).
Yes, how comfortable !!

TEA pissed in her own shoes and preferred to change her name before the crash, or more precisely, let another franchise (company from nederland I believe) buy.
Yes, but it does not provide support for its TEA products, only Inkpads released under the Vivlio license.
I know this because I contacted the SAV for my TEA Inkpad 3,740.

They replied that was going to release one Firmware, but a year and nothing was released. Now they renamed Vivlio, ended up with Cultura and sucked the acronym for TEA customers

Although TEA is now Vivlio, TEA products will no longer be updated, Updates (custom TEA firmware) will no longer issue the shortcut, and cannot be released under Vivlio since they are not licensed. And who knows when to change again change the name of Vivlio to another name and not end it the same.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 12-05-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #58
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
Yes, how comfortable !!

TEA pissed in her own shoes and preferred to change her name before the crash, or more precisely, let another franchise (company from nederland I believe) buy.
Yes, but it does not provide support for its TEA products, only Inkpads released under the Vivlio license.
I know this because I contacted the SAV for my TEA Inkpad 3,740.

They replied that was going to release one Firmware, but a year and nothing was released. Now they renamed Vivlio, ended up with Cultura and sucked the acronym for TEA customers
I am sorry you have problems!

Can't you download the update from the Pocketbook website?
Old 12-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #59
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
I am sorry you have problems!

Can't you download the update from the Pocketbook website?
Yes. I had no other option. (unfortunately).
* Thank you for your efforts, I appreciate it.

I think it is really unprofessional, to leave behind a few hundred ? thousand? customer without support.
An abbreviation for this (the essence of my contribution) i would not recommend TEA.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 12-05-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:50 PM   #60
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat

Great! I was wondering if it would take the Pocketbook update, given it seemed to have a custom firmware. I am happy to hear it worked!