Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Cheap Spanish Books (5 euros each): Gabriel Garcia Marquez etc

The London Guardian today is reporting that the a Spanish publisher, Leer-e, is offering two ebooks for 10 euros.

"As book prices go, €5 is a bargain almost anywhere. In Spain, where publishers like to keep prices on paperback novels above the €20 level, it is unheard of.
Now a ground-breaking deal involving Nobel prize winners such as Gabriel Garcia Márquez and Camilo José Cela has seen an offer of two novels for ¤10 on classics by the authors of One Hundred Years of Solitude and The Hive.
There is only one catch: the books do not come on paper, but as digital downloads... "

The full story is here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009...arquez-fiction

And here is the publisher's site:
http://www.leer-e.es/
They also appear to be selling Readers: Iliads, Cybooks, Sony readers, the Hanlin etc.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:48 AM   #2
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Yeap.

You also have these books avaliable in mobipocket.com. Here:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...t&pageNumber=1
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 AM   #3
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle, Sony Ereader, Ipad & iPhone
Yikes, with the PRS 505 at 350 Euro I will still be ordering from the US when this one breaks / gets lost :-( even though buying in Spain would be a whole lot easier

link to devices : http://www.apoloxxi.com/epages/apoloxxi_com.sf

AndiRob
AndiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
yagiz
http://is.gd/4flJX
yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yagiz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 3G
350Euro? Wow!
I live in Ireland and PRS 505 is selling for 249Euro. Thanks to the current exchange rate, it's even better in the UK: £200
yagiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
ta for another good link

Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroide View Post
Yeap.

You also have these books avaliable in mobipocket.com. Here:
http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/...t&pageNumber=1
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagiz View Post
350Euro? Wow!
I live in Ireland and PRS 505 is selling for 249Euro. Thanks to the current exchange rate, it's even better in the UK: £200
I guess that because they are not official distributor, rather they must be purchasing their readers at market price in the UK or the US, importing them then adding their own margin on top of the normal price.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
leandroide
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faenad View Post
I guess that because they are not official distributor, rather they must be purchasing their readers at market price in the UK or the US, importing them then adding their own margin on top of the normal price.
Yes... it is not only that they are not official distributors, it is also that the Sony Reader is not officially sold in Spain!

It is said that this year Sony is going to introduce their reader in Spain.

L.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #8
maggie*
PRS addicted...
maggie* began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I live in Madrid and bought my PRS-505 in November ordering from Waterstones. It costed me about 250€ including postage.
I think now is a bit more because they increased the price at Waterstones (due to the falling £ I guess), but in November moment it worked fine, and it was less risky than ordering from the US, at least I have the European Warranty (which I hope never to use of course...
maggie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #9
AndiR
Rather interested
AndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enoughAndiR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It is said that this year Sony is going to introduce their reader in Spain.
That would be excellent news! About 15 people I know would like one (or mine) but are not so good with their English to buy one from the US / UK / France!

AndiRob
Old 02-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
leandroide
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiR View Post
That would be excellent news! About 15 people I know would like one (or mine) but are not so good with their English to buy one from the US / UK / France!

AndiRob
According to "el periódico" the thing is very advanced:
http://www.elperiodico.com/default.a...icia_PK=575209
Old 02-04-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
AndiR
Rather interested

Thanks for the article post

Quote:
According to "el periódico" the thing is very advanced:
Thanks for the link and excellent article.

It would be great to see the big three bookshops off the ereaders.

It will be interesting to see how many titles come out between October and the end of the year.

I am really interested to see the pricing of ebooks in Spain as paperbacks are imho very expensive compared to say the UK / US.

As well as the article I really enjoyed the reader comments this one especially : "Lo siento, pero esto no va a funcionar. Se ha probado ya en otros paises y nada. Falta mucho tiempo para que el papel sea desplazado." I wonder how long it is before he "eats" his words.

AndiR

Tags
spanish books, spanish language