Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #1
sewgood007@aol.c
sewgood007@aol.c began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Sending to Kindle Fire

I'm running the newest version of Calibre, and just got a new Kindle Fire (not HD). I can't send books to the device - I keep getting an error message saying that there was an error communicating with the device. I've never had any problems with my old Kindle. The lower left of the screen tells me that the device is connected. What instructions I've been able to find are written in "computer speak", and I don't understand what they're talking about. I LOVE Calibre, and I think I'll love the new Kindle, but if I can't get my books to it, I'm going to send it back.
sewgood007@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewgood007@aol.c View Post
I can't send books to the device - I keep getting an error message saying that there was an error communicating with the device.
It might help to be specific about the exact error being received.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
sewgood007@aol.c
sewgood007@aol.c began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Talking Sending to Kindle Fire

I don't know what I did, but suddenly, I am able to send books without a problem. When I tried to send (in order to get the fail message), the material went to the device without a problem. Go figure. Thanks for responding to my plea for help.
sewgood007@aol.c is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sending books to devices