Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
pierak
Ebooks Addict
pierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipedia

Device: kindle 2 & 3 kbd, kindle dx (cookbooks only), ipad
Question Adding new Kindle books to Calibre

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and to Calibre. In the family we have one Kindle 2nd gen and two Kindle 3rd gen, all keyboard models. I have Kindle for PC on my computer. I just installed Calibre (on Windows 7), and imported all my Kindle books from the Kindle for PC directory (900+). I often buy books directly form the Kindle, but I always download them to the Kindle for PC as a backup. My question is this (and please forgive me if the answer is available somewhere else, I searched but could not find it): Since Calibre uses the book title as filename, while Kindle uses the ASIN number as filename, how do I add ONLY the newer books to Calibre, and not the whole library? Does Calibre match the titles, and know which ones are new? Do I need to change the way I order books to use Calibre?
Thanks for your help!
pierak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierak View Post
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and to Calibre. In the family we have one Kindle 2nd gen and two Kindle 3rd gen, all keyboard models. I have Kindle for PC on my computer. I just installed Calibre (on Windows 7), and imported all my Kindle books from the Kindle for PC directory (900+). I often buy books directly form the Kindle, but I always download them to the Kindle for PC as a backup. My question is this (and please forgive me if the answer is available somewhere else, I searched but could not find it): Since Calibre uses the book title as filename, while Kindle uses the ASIN number as filename, how do I add ONLY the newer books to Calibre, and not the whole library? Does Calibre match the titles, and know which ones are new? Do I need to change the way I order books to use Calibre?
Thanks for your help!
Not Tested

Switch to Device view (Main? for a K2)
Click the Date column to sort
Do the dates and sort look reasonable correct?
Select the ones with the newest dates: Righ-click: Send to Library.

You can filter the list so only those that ARE NOT currently in the Library, show:
Code:
inlibrary:false
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
You can do a sort on the files in your K4PC folder by date, then only add the ones you've downloaded since the last time you added books to calibre. Using the drag and drop method of adding to calibre instead of the Add Books option inside calibre works best for this.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
pierak
Ebooks Addict
pierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipedia

Device: kindle 2 & 3 kbd, kindle dx (cookbooks only), ipad
Thanks for the info. I should have thought of the date view myself, but I did not,duh! I like your suggestions; Synamon, drag and drop is easier, and theducks, the "inlibrary:false" will allow me to import without worrying about duplicates.
Appreciate the help.
pierak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adding ebooks, kindle, new book