Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Date of Publication Metadata

When I insert the Data Of Publication into the HTML file and import to Sigil, Flight Crew doesn't like it.

I use m/d/yyyy format.

Code:
<meta name="dcterms.date  of publication" content="1/10/2011" />
This seems to be the same format that Sigil assigns in the Meta Editor.

Is this my error or a problem with Sigil?
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The ISO format is YYYY-MM-DD, so try 2011-01-10. Maybe Sigil accepts a different format for input, but the ISO format is what should go into the OPF.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
When I insert the Data Of Publication into the HTML file and import to Sigil, Flight Crew doesn't like it.

I use m/d/yyyy format.

Code:
<meta name="dcterms.date  of publication" content="1/10/2011" />
This seems to be the same format that Sigil assigns in the Meta Editor.

Is this my error or a problem with Sigil?
Sigil always writes the date in the OPF as the ISO standard requires, i.e. in YYYY-MM-DD. How the date is displayed in the Meta Editor is a different matter entirely. It's been while since I wrote the ME, but I think it displays the date according to the current locale, meaning that it will display differently on machines in Europe and machines in the USA. The underlying date is the same, of course.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Sigil always writes the date in the OPF as the ISO standard requires, i.e. in YYYY-MM-DD. How the date is displayed in the Meta Editor is a different matter entirely. It's been while since I wrote the ME, but I think it displays the date according to the current locale, meaning that it will display differently on machines in Europe and machines in the USA. The underlying date is the same, of course.

HTML Meta statement
Code:
<meta content="1/10/2011" name="dcterms.date of publication" />
Sigil OPF Meta statement after initial loading
Code:
<dc:date opf:event="publication"></dc:date>
Obviously Flight Crew does not Like it.

Sigil OPF Meta statement after entry by Meta Editor
Code:
<dc:date opf:event="publication">2011-01-10</dc:date>
So, what would I use in the HTML to carry through to approval by Flight Crew?
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
crutledge, obviously the problem is that you're specifying the date incorrectly in the <meta> tag. You should use this:

Code:
<meta content="2011-01-10" name="dcterms.date of publication" />
You need to specify the date in the ISO format.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
crutledge, obviously the problem is that you're specifying the date incorrectly in the <meta> tag. You should use this:

Code:
<meta content="2011-01-10" name="dcterms.date of publication" />
You need to specify the date in the ISO format.
That did it.

I prefered "Congratulations Charlie" to "No Messages."