Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Note taking makes the screen become darker..

I noticed that when I do note taking more than some extent on DR1000S, the whole e-ink screen becomes a little darker. But 'a little' note taking doesn't provoke this. I tested it on my spare one and the result was the same. But maybe there was no such problem on my old DR800SG screen.
Somebody else noticed this? Was there a thread about this? This is not so inconvenient but a little disturbing when using note taking function..
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
When taking notes, the screen is not fully refreshed, which leads to some charge building up, causing the grayish background. I think that all dr1000 have this, some maybe more then others.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
When taking notes, the screen is not fully refreshed, which leads to some charge building up, causing the grayish background. I think that all dr1000 have this, some maybe more then others.
Yeah, it seems that it's common for DR1000S. But how about DR800SG? I had used DR800SG but maybe there was no such thing as far as I remember... Was it improved on DR800SG? Somebody who has DR800SG can tell whether it's the same or not on DR800SG?
Old 12-27-2010, 10:53 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokjeid View Post
Yeah, it seems that it's common for DR1000S. But how about DR800SG? I had used DR800SG but maybe there was no such thing as far as I remember... Was it improved on DR800SG? Somebody who has DR800SG can tell whether it's the same or not on DR800SG?
They essentially have the same firmware and same eInk technology, so it wouldn't surprise me if the DR800SG did the same thing. Doing something to force a screen refresh, like turning the page and then turning it back, should clean it up.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
They essentially have the same firmware and same eInk technology, so it wouldn't surprise me if the DR800SG did the same thing. Doing something to force a screen refresh, like turning the page and then turning it back, should clean it up.
Ah, then you mean that your DR800SG shows the same thing? I've also used DR800SG this year but I forgot how DR800SG worked mostly because I sold it many months ago..
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah, then you mean that your DR800SG shows the same thing? I've also used DR800SG this year but I forgot how DR800SG worked mostly because I sold it many months ago..
I haven't tried it on mine. But based on same firmware/hardware, I would assume it does the same thing. If I remember, I'll try it when I have my device in front of me sometime. I primarily use it for reading, and don't do much note taking, which is why I can't say for sure that it does it.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
I haven't tried it on mine. But based on same firmware/hardware, I would assume it does the same thing. If I remember, I'll try it when I have my device in front of me sometime. I primarily use it for reading, and don't do much note taking, which is why I can't say for sure that it does it.
Ah, you don't use DR800SG nowadays. Then that's OK. I'm sure DR series are the best e-reader of today so a few defects of them appear better.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Ah, you don't use DR800SG nowadays. Then that's OK. I'm sure DR series are the best e-reader of today so a few defects of them appear better.
I use my DR800SG almost every day, just not for taking notes.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
bokjeid
Addict

Quote:
I use my DR800SG almost every day, just not for taking notes.
OK - but as far as I remember, I couldn't notice such problem on DR800SG while I had done note taking many times on DR800SG so it embarassed me when I did note taking on DR1000S.. Anyway, then check it please when you can..