Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-04-2008, 12:54 AM   #1
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Any way to not have Caliber add numbers to file names when saving to disk

Because its annoying if you are saving files back to your own directories, I understand the reason within calibers directory, but the other directory is mine!:P

Also, is there any way to work around caliber being unable to convert to .epub due to not finding a good place to split the file?

I'm converting over all my .lrfs, and everything else I've got into .epub, deleting everything else out of my directories and leaving it at that
hoping I won't have to shift standards again soon.
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:33 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's on my todo list and you can choose profile None to avoid splitting (of course the resultant epub files wont work on the reader)
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #3
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there any way I can force a split? I don't care if the split isn't perfect or it needs 2 or whatever.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yeah just insert a page break at the point you want a split

Code:
<br style="page-break-after:always">

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-04-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:30 PM   #5
JGB
Groupie

Cool! Thanks. You are the fastest responding and most helpful guy ever!

it's crazy. New releases every week. If Microsoft was run like that windows might not suck so much.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGB View Post
Cool! Thanks. You are the fastest responding and most helpful guy ever!

it's crazy. New releases every week. If Microsoft was run like that windows might not suck so much.
If Microsoft was run like that, it wouldn't be Microsoft
Old 12-06-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
JGB
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah just insert a page break at the point you want a split

Code:
<br style="page-break-after:always">
Dumb question time. How do I do that?
I can't seem to edit the .lit file with anything. Is there a program I'm not aware of to do it?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

convert the lit file to html first using the lit2oeb command (part of calibre)
Old 12-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #9
JGB
Groupie

How many breaks do I need?
I put in 3 breaks in a 800kb book and its still being uncooperative.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah well you cant control the number of page breaks (it makes the minimum number needed to satisfy the file size constraints), only where the breaks happen. I'd suggest manually splitting the file into two parts.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
JGB
Groupie

Now I'm confused. I inserted the tag you posted before every chapter change and it still comes up as no reasonable point to split?

the book is 0.3mb.
I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The split algorithm tries to split every html file larger than 300K into parts smaller than 300K. It looks for all page breaks in the file, splits at the central one first, then in each part splits at the central one in that part and so on.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #13
JGB
Groupie

I don't understand why I am still getting the no reasonable place to split error then?
I have 15 of the <br... tags you posted in the book now instead of just two.
Therefore I'm thinking it's a different problem now, despite the fact that I get the same error.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm that's odd. Open a ticket and attach the files.