Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #61
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Oooh, interesting. Thanks for the link. Do we have a popcorn smiley?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #62
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelalind View Post
This is a maybe bargain . From RT's webpage:

The drawback is that 4 pm means it is almost midnight in Sweden.
Edit: And it is even better if the CC isn't turned off. And since I am not at home, I cannot turn it on. So I'll go and pre-order something from Carina Press on Kobo instead.
This was so not fair. I broke my promise to myself and spent more money than I should.

On the bright side, I now have ebucks in the bank so to speak.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #63
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM   #64
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
This was so not fair. I broke my promise to myself and spent more money than I should.

On the bright side, I now have ebucks in the bank so to speak.
I did good and bought only the Julia Quinn Complete My Bridgerton Collection ($3.99) I've been waiting for and the first five novels/novellas in Tessa Dare's Spindle Cove series (which were each only $1)...plus a few 99¢ sales to get it up to 10 books for the coupon.

Yes, I excel as justification when it comes to book sales
Old 05-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #65
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
And herein lies the problem... lately it's been more like 10-15 a week !! Yes, most of them under $2, but it still adds up... gotta make the effort or my kids may not get their lunch money
I understand completely! I have good weeks and bad weeks. This week I've only spent like $7, last week was way more, so it evens out. I just try to keep an eye on it. I haven't bought anything the last couple of days, kind of a good feeling! However, I've added like 10 to my watchlist! It all evens out I think as long as you keep track [sort of ]!

Blossom, I think that's a fair budget, [keeping in mind I'm very frugal ]. I think of it as basically 1 book a week = $10ish, just seems like a fair deal to me because I know I'm getting way more than 1 book for that.

Like library addict says, I too excel at justification when it comes to book sales!

I was LOL at the ElJames/Abbi Glines/popcorn thing!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 06-01-2013 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Removed username from quote, as it is no longer in service.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #66
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
My justification for the ARe sale is that I am stocking up on books for the Summer . On the other hand, I read *fast* so I'll probably have read most of them by June 1st... Dang it. I should have bought more books.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Oooh, interesting. Thanks for the link. Do we have a popcorn smiley?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Here's a local KC news article with more info.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post

Blossom, I think that's a fair budget, [keeping in mind I'm very frugal ]. I think of it as basically 1 book a week = $10ish, just seems like a fair deal to me because I know I'm getting way more than 1 book for that.

Like library addict says, I too excel at justification when it comes to book sales!
I have a rule I will not pay over $8 for a book or ebook. Most books I buy are in the 99-3.99 range. What I do in the previous week is pick the must buy books to buy for the coming week and wait. This does not include one day sales or holidays sales.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-03-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #69
Christyv
Enthusiast
Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Christyv can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: IPad 2, kindle keyboard
Behind the Plaid by Eliza Knight 99c
http://www.amazon.com/Behind-Plaid-H...hind+the+plaid

He dominated her mind. She possessed his soul.
Emma Gordon escapes from a troubling marriage in which she’s completely lost sight of who she is. Desperate for independence, she leaves her husband while on a trip in the Scottish Highlands. Only thing is, she ends up hurled back in time to the 16th Century Castle Gealach and headlong into the arms of the handsome, intimidating Laird Logan Grant. Thrust into a world filled with treachery, danger and intensity she must summon the courage to find her way.
Logan is tormented by a dark past and harbors a secret that could tear his country apart. He’s consumed with the need for control which wars with his longing for harmony. Unable to resist Emma’s beauty and spirit and the calm that she invokes, Logan confesses he desires her—but only on his terms. He promises erotic encounters that will change them both forever, and quench their overwhelming desire.
Despite her own reservations, Emma longs to get close to the mysterious laird, even while she is desperate to return to her own era. She agrees to Logan’s proposal to satisfy her curiosity, but in the end embarks on a daring, passionate affair that rocks her to the very core. Secrets are uncovered, souls bared, spirits transformed. Neither of them can hide behind the plaid.
This is the first book in the Highland Bound Trilogy and is intended for mature audiences only.
--------

Hunted by Rebecca Zanetti $2.40
Diesel deal of the day
http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/97...-Hunted/1.html

Ready Or Not
Moira Dunne is a witch--the quantum physics kind. Time and space are her playthings. Which might explain why her one-night stand from a hundred years ago has turned up to "claim" her--and request her family's assistance with the war he's brewing. But the more she learns about Connlan Kayrs, the more she comes to think this is normal behavior for him. . .
There's Nowhere To Hide
When Conn and Moira tumbled on the moonlit grass, Conn hadn't meant to mark her as his mate for all time. She was only twenty! But it wasn't easy to wait for her. It was even harder to forget her. So when he finally returns for his wicked-hot witch, he's ready to let the sparks flying. Even if he burns up in flames. . .
This is book 3 of 7 in the Dark Protectors series.

Also Twisted by Rebecca Zanetti (book 7 in the Dark Protector series) is 2.99 preorder for 6-20-13 at amazon and kobo.
http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Dark-P...words=Provoked

Last edited by Christyv; 05-03-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Angel of Skye by May McGoldrick
(Macpherson Brothers)
Medieval romance
Formally published by Topaz 1996

The Fortune Quilt
by Lani Diane Rich

Free Fall by Carolyn Jewel
(My Immortals Series Demons and Witches novella)

A Dark Kiss of Rapture by Sylvia Day
(Renegade Angels)

Return to Cradle Lake by Cynthia Thomason

Prince, Prelude-Legend
by Claudy Conn
Harlequin Author/ Fawcett Regency Author

Banished by Tamara Gill
(Daughters Of The Gods, Book 1)
Crimson Romance Author
Old 05-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

Indies:

Chasing Victory by Joanne Jaytanie
(The Winters Sisters)
Note: Leery it has all 5 star reviews but the X-men reference had me.

Taking Charge by Mandy Baggot

The Blood Chronicles Trilogy by Tamela Quijas

The Third Son by Elise Marion
(Kings of Cardenas Book 1)
Fairytale Romance

Love By Design by Liz Matis
Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #72
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Kindle Romance Deal of the Day $1.99

Send Me No Flowers by Trish Jensen
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books (February 5, 2013)
Note: She wrote for Harlequin and Dorchester.

Quote:

When she was known as an overweight kid from a “loony” family, he often rescued her from bullies. Now she’s come back home all grownup and gorgeous, and he’s the one who will need rescuing.
Sheriff Rob Townsend of Daredevil, South Carolina remembers Jenny Creighton as the girl mean kids called “Jumbo Jenny.” He was compelled to protect her on more than one occasion, a brand of heroic kindness Jenny never forgot. Jenny’s returned to the small town to claim an inheritance and open a flower shop. On the inside, however, she’s still the chubby girl who doesn’t want anyone to remember her humiliating past.

Rob has turned into a hunk with a painful history of his own—one that makes him the biggest heartbreaker south of the Mason-Dixon line. When he becomes her best customer—buying flowers as goodbye gifts for a growing line-up of ex-girlfriends—the women in Daredevil begin to run from Jenny and her kiss-goodbye bouquets. How can she build a business when all the single gals in town are scared to see her on their doorsteps? And what are the secrets behind her childhood hero’s love-’em-and-leave-’em lifestyle?
I just love this trope! I grabbed it.

Last edited by Blossom; 05-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #73
auntykatkat
Evangelist

I can highly recommend "Angel of Skye." I simply loved that book. Glad to see it in E format. I give it
Old 05-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #74
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I can highly recommend "Angel of Skye." I simply loved that book. Glad to see it in E format. I give it
Okay added a checkmark by it to be added to my TBR list.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #75
auntykatkat
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have a rule I will not pay over $8 for a book or ebook. Most books I buy are in the 99-3.99 range. What I do in the previous week is pick the must buy books to buy for the coming week and wait. This does not include one day sales or holidays sales.
I guess I am weak, because I would never follow that rule. Except for these free ebooks, I have not really spent as much as I use to. I have gotten gift certificates from family and friends recently, and won some. This month is my b-day month, plus mother's day and I have been recieving a few gifts early. Then I blow everything in one week.

The upside is that I spent some of it on pre orders, so I will get some of my titles over the next few weeks. I also bought enough to get 2 free book codes from ARe. So here's to "Book Buyers Anonyomous!" See most of you at the next meeting...
Closed Thread